NSV - Broke the Speed Limit

Dahamac
Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
edited October 1 in Success Stories
Rode a new 23 mile route for my Saturday Bike ride. After what seemed like 3 miles of climbing I hit a sweet long downhill. So I tucked in tight and as I passed the 35mph sign my speedometer was reading 39.5 MPH! Yay!

The real victory is that I am able to ride a bicycle for 23 miles in 1h41m when this past Christmas I couldn't walk a 1/2mile without feeling like I needed O2. I was hoping to hit an average speed over 14mph but had to settle for 13.73mph average.

The great thing about bicycling is that it is exercise that come with its own reward. I saw places this morning that looked like pictures from post cards while burning calories.

Replies

• Bluejay789
    Bluejay789 Posts: 176
    Great job!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    cannot wait to get my bike ... I'm dying for one
  • willdbill0712
    willdbill0712 Posts: 83 Member
    Great job! I just started jogging/running a few weeks ago. I plan on adding riding in the next month!
  • Awesome! Amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • Awesome! I love biking. I love the sites and the feeling like I am flying and doing it somewhere beautiful!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Sweet!
  • Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    AWESOME!!! I REALLY want to get myself a bike. Not in the budget this year, hopefully next year.
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    That is Awesome!!!! My bike has been sitting for a few years and one of my goals is to be able to use it....Oh I can't wait! It must have felt wonderful!
  • Dahamac
    Dahamac Posts: 213 Member
    Awesome replies, I do sincerely hope others are encouraged to take up cycling.

I love the description of flying because that is so true on the downhills. Just before I hit that downhill my quads were burning, calves were on the verge of cramping, and I was sucking air down hard enough to move gravel on the road. The hard climb is all worth the effort when you get to the downhill. Wish I hadn't forgot to turn on Google Tracks on my phone, then I could have shared even better data about the ride.
  • Spedden
    Spedden Posts: 207
    That's an incredible improvement in your health in just 8 months! Conratulations on all your hard work paying off!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    woot! congrats!
  • jamfan
    jamfan Posts: 124 Member
    i love biking because you can see so much more than running or walking plus its way less impact on the joints. Good job. Just remember it doesnt get easier you just go faster.
  • JENIFER_AZ
    JENIFER_AZ Posts: 235 Member
    What a fabulous story!!!! Thank you so much for sharing and congrats to you on this NSV!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!