C25K program completed with a.... 10k run!

Options
Today I ran my final 30mins on the C25K program, after the cool down I really wanted to carry on running as the sun was shining and wanted to continue running down by the river... so I just kept going and ran another 35mins!

All in all I managed to run 10k..... a very happy and suprising end to my C25K journey :)

Replies

• buzzcogs
    buzzcogs Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • Maddy__H
    Maddy__H Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Great way to end it! I finished week 8 today and hope I will be as motivated as you towards the ends! Thanks for sharing!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    yay! well done. running is so addictive!
  • missphoenix
    Options
    Great way to end it! I finished week 8 today and hope I will be as motivated as you towards the ends! Thanks for sharing!

Well done to you as well, you seem to be near the end of the program, not long to completion :)
  • Moonlight17
    Moonlight17 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Well done!!! I'm from where you live too and have just started Week 1 of the C25k plan. Maybe we'll bump into eachother at the park someday lol x
  • missphoenix
    Options
    Well done!!! I'm from where you live too and have just started Week 1 of the C25k plan. Maybe we'll bump into eachother at the park someday lol x

Cool! Good luck with the program, there are some lovely running routes in our area :)
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I am only at Week 7 and realized I am doing the time but not the distance. I am too slow I guess. So after I complete the last week I will have to keep going until I do the distance unless I am half as awsome as you and keep running until I make it around my 2.8 mile lake on my last day. I am at the 25 minute runs and am working on getting farther each time. I am very proud of you.
  • missphoenix
    Options
    Congratulations! I am only at Week 7 and realized I am doing the time but not the distance. I am too slow I guess. So after I complete the last week I will have to keep going until I do the distance unless I am half as awsome as you and keep running until I make it around my 2.8 mile lake on my last day. I am at the 25 minute runs and am working on getting farther each time. I am very proud of you.

Sounds like you are on the right track! The last couple of weeks of the program you start relaxing into your running style and naturally find your rhythm, I used to go quite slow and then found that is was a lot more harder running at that speed, I actually found it easier going slightly faster (not sure why!).

So now I have picked up the speed and found I had more natural momentum hence why I think I can do more distance now. Try going a little faster and really concentrate on your breathing and reckon you will be able to cover some more distance, good luck with your last few weeks, nearly there!!!! x