It's about the Inches

Options
This summer I have lost: 1.5 inches around my ribcage, 1 inch off of my gut, 1.25 inches around my hips, 1.5 inches around each thigh, 1/2 inch around my neck and 2.5 inches off of my chest, and 15 pounds. Now I'm maintaining weight around 208. I hope to be in One-derland by September.
Calves have maintained and biceps are 1 inch bigger.
Overall success, score!

Replies

• McWilkie
    McWilkie Posts: 27
    Options
    Nicely done:) Keep up the good work!
  • sahalcomb
    sahalcomb Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Way to look at those inches melting away!!! It helps to watch those when the scale isn't actually moving like we all want it to. Happened to me this week actually.... Great loss and great job!!! Woohoo! :)
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Inches are very awesome to lose......good job!!!!

Since January I have lost 17 inches from around my belly button, 10 inches from my hips!!!! Since June 13 I have lost (new measurements taken) 5 inches from my lower stomach, 3.5 inches from my upper chest, 1.5 inches from above my knee, 1 1/4 inches from my mid calve, 1.5 inches from my upper leg, 2 3/4 inches from my butt, 4.5 inches from my chest, 1 inch from under my chest....that equals alot of inches lost.... :) O plus 54 pounds lost!!!!
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    awesome job!! you are right, it's all about the inches! keep it up, sounds like you are doing the right thing!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I agree! It *IS* about the inches!! Congrats on your success. You're doing great!

If you think about it, only WE see our weight, but everyone else sees the results of inches lost. To me that's what matters most. If I reach my clothing size goal (12/14), and only drop a couple pounds, I'm okay with that. That's one of the reasons why I gave up weighing myself, and go by the tape measure! The tape measure is my fwend. ;-)
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    How often do all of you take measurements. I did not take them from the start. Finally took them 3 weeks ago, going to wait till it's a month to re-take them. After 40 days my scaled finally dropped two pounds, I was afraid if I took measurements again too soon I'd be disappointed.
  • AmberLiscous
    AmberLiscous Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    How often do all of you take measurements. I did not take them from the start. Finally took them 3 weeks ago, going to wait till it's a month to re-take them. After 40 days my scaled finally dropped two pounds, I was afraid if I took measurements again too soon I'd be disappointed.

I take measurements every saturday....only one week did i not see some kind of loss!
  • bookyeti
    bookyeti Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I take my measurements every 2 weeks.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Congratulation on your loss SeaMonkey83.

I focus on inches lost and body fat percentage/pounds of fat loss. I don't care about scale weight loss. Fat loss and scale weight loss isn't the same thing. I do my weigh in and measurements once a month. It's about that time to do it. I'm on the slow road. I have a body fat percentage goal that I'm aiming to reach and it might take me a year to get to it and I'm happy with that.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Grats to everybody's success in losing inches. Having a better body compostiion is so much more important than just body weight, weight loss alone can be misleading and people get far too caught up in that aspect.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!