Turkey Lettuce Wraps

Options
Mangoaddict
Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
1.25 lbs Jennie-O Extra Lean ground turkey (1 package)
1 head of Boston leaf lettuce
1 carrot, peeled and minced
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
Juice of four limes
2 tsp Sriacha chili sauce
1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 bunch green onions, chopped
Garnish:
1 red pepper, minced
1/2 cucumber, deseeded and julienned
2 tbsp roasted cashews, chopped
Cook turkey in skillet till no longer pink, then transfer to a dish and cool in refrigerator. Remove core from head of lettuce, then wash and dry leaves. Combine next 7 ingredients (carrots through green onions) in a bowl, then stir in cooked and chilled Jennie-O turkey. Arrange lettuce leaves on the outer rim of a serving plate. Spoon turkey mixture onto the center of each lettuce leaf to create wraps. Garnish with peppers, cucumber and cashews.

I don't know the nutritional value but I figure it must be low since it was on the BIGGEST LOSER show.

Replies

• Mangoaddict
    Options
    Juice of four limes
    Garnish:
    1 red pepper, minced
    Cook turkey in skillet till no longer pink, then transfer to a dish and cool in refrigerator. Remove core from head of lettuce, then wash and dry leaves. Combine next 7 ingredients (carrots through green onions) in a bowl, then stir in cooked and chilled Jennie-O turkey. Arrange lettuce leaves on the outer rim of a serving plate. Spoon turkey mixture onto the center of each lettuce leaf to create wraps. Garnish with peppers, cucumber and cashews.

I don't know the nutritional value but I figure it must be low since it was on the BIGGEST LOSER show.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Juice of four limes
    Garnish:
    1 red pepper, minced

Ohhh, saw them last night! They looked good. I love this kind of thing and I love sriacha!!

Thanks!

I think he was saying on the show last night that these were like 70 cals or something like that??
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    Sounds about right Tam! They looked delicious. I eat something similar at P.F. Changs. Yum!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Juice of four limes
    Garnish:
    1 red pepper, minced

You're awesome!! I thought they sounded good last night, but forgot about them this morning. :tongue:

They sound goooooood!!! :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • Mangoaddict
    Options
    I think like you guys :)
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Juice of four limes
    Garnish:
    1 red pepper, minced

Ohhh, saw them last night! They looked good. I love this kind of thing and I love sriacha!!

Thanks!

I think he was saying on the show last night that these were like 70 cals or something like that??

I was thinking....anything with Sriacha has to be good.....if you like hot....this stuff will do it for you...I swear my hubby and I put it on just about everything.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Juice of four limes
    Garnish:
    1 red pepper, minced

Thanks!

I was thinking....anything with Sriacha has to be good.....if you like hot....this stuff will do it for you...I swear my hubby and I put it on just about everything.
    Me too!!! LOL!

Except, on the 2nd season of Top Chef........they chefs were asked to make up a new flavor of ice cream and one of them made a sriacha flavored ice cream!! :sick:

That is the ONLY time it didn't sound good!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    70 calories?
    Wow, I could eat dozens a day!
    Sounds delish, thanks for the recipe!
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Juice of four limes
    Garnish:
    1 red pepper, minced

Thanks!

Me too!!! LOL!

Except, on the 2nd season of Top Chef........they chefs were asked to make up a new flavor of ice cream and one of them made a sriacha flavored ice cream!! :sick:

That is the ONLY time it didn't sound good!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Oh dear....I must say that I have to draw the line at Sriacha & Ice Cream...dang...what was that chef thinking.
  • blondie_girl14
    blondie_girl14 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I saw them make this on the show last night, is it any good?