High Fiber but High Protein meal ideas

Options
Usually I follow A High Protein Diet. Usually Breakfast is a slice of cheese, a egg white omelet and a small piece of fish or chicken. and The day spans out to as much high protein meats as possible but the Meals are usually 200ish calories. and never over 6 oz.
But Now I've hit a problem. I saw my Doctor yesterday and he's recommended a high Fiber Diet to see if it will solve a little health issue I'm having.
So what kind of meals can I eat that are High in Protein and High in Fiber but still are only 200ish calories and only 6 oz.?
I guess the easiest is to just eat chicken with a side of Veggies but that just isn't very exciting

Replies

• conchita962
    conchita962 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in the responses you get. I am having a 'lack of fiber' issue as well. I have just added metamucil in the mornings but i don't like it (i drink it anyway).

Good luck !!
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    add some high-fiber veggies to your omelet!
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Make a wrap with a la tortilla factory tortilla. The one I buy has 12 grams of fiber. You could spread it with a wedge of laughing cow cheese in addition to whatever filler you like.
  • Aeriel
    Aeriel Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Add some beans. High fibre, iron and protein, and good for you. A little higher in calories, but worth it. I have a marinated bean salad that I get and add a 1/4 cup (1/2 serving) to a meal for a good boost. I will see if the info will post here.

Nutrition Facts
    Unico - Premium Collection Marinated Bean Salad Premium Collection Marinated Bean Salad

Servings: 1/2 cup or 125 mL

Calories 170 Sodium 450 mg
    Total Fat 2 g Potassium 0 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 28 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 8 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 2 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 9 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg

Vitamin A 0% Calcium 4%
    Vitamin C 0% Iron 20%
  • sable_twilight
    Options
    Legumes, such as split peas, lentils, black beans are good sources of fiber. That are also good sources of protein, so can help to serve double duty.

And I found this:
    Peas, green, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt
    http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2521/2

160g (1 cup)
    134 Calories
    9g fiber
    9g protein
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Vegetables are your best source of fiber that won't irritate the colon or cause bloat like fiber bars, bran, beans, etc.
    Suggest having a salad with your meal--particularly one with dark leafy greens; easy way to get fiber, as well as high fiber veg and fruit like cabbage, sweet potato, Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, avocado, carrots, Kale, collard greens, chard, spinach, banana, apple, berries potato with skin on ... just to get you started :-)

You can add fiber to your diary to track--you'll be surprised how much fiber you get from fruits and vegetables.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Blackberries are my favorite high-fiber fruit, with 8g per cup. Strawberries have about 3g per cup, and blueberries 4g per cup. I love eating them with high protein greek yogurt.

If you don't like the taste of greek yogurt.....sprinkle a little sugar free jello powder in and mix. My favorite is cherry. I'm telling you, as weird as it sounds, it is super yummy.
  • tonyit83
    tonyit83 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I don't know how many calories it is but Wendy's small chili has a bunch of fiber and protein. and it's delicious
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Black beans! Add a whole wheat English muffin to your breakfast. They even make double fiber ones if your stomach can handle them (mine cannot). Raspberries have a ton of fiber too. Celery?