Is this a bad reason to want to lose weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• ♥_Ellybean_♥
    ♥_Ellybean_♥ Posts: 1,646 Member
    Options
    I think what you will find is well losing weight your gonna start having more confidence and men will be more attracted to you... as well as you will start loving yourself, and may learn a new reason to lose weight.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I understand your pain. Men tell me I just have a pretty face. Or they ask me out like its a joke. Or they just want sleep with me just because im a big black girl. :(
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    There's nothing bad about wanting to be treated with respect (and love). Just remember that people deserve respect and love for who they are on the inside, regardless of what they look like or how much they weigh. When you have lost all the excess weight (you CAN do it, it WILL happen!!), just make sure you find someone who loves you for who you are on the inside!
  • NitaCeeCee
    Options
    I don't think it's a bad reason, it just should not be your PRIMARY reason. Your health and wellness should be the primary reasons (my opinion) but the hugs and attention are a great CLOSE 2nd!!!! Someone should really accept you for who you are- starting with you first. The love you have for yourself should drive your passion to improve yourself. Then others will see that in you and love those qualities too (and the way you look in your jeans will help too LOL)....stay focused- you can do it!!!

thank you. I may have to copy this down and read it when I'm feeling crap lol
  • thebunnies
    thebunnies Posts: 168
    Options
    everything leads back to just wanting to feel great about yourself.. no reason is a stupid or 'bad' reason. getting in shape will make you healthier in more ways than just physically. :)
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I will say part of my attractiveness was explained to me by an ex and close male frien that I was always CONFIDENT back then, and when Im confident at any weight Im more attractive
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    No matter the reason ... Everyone comes to a place of making a change for his or her own reason. Here's a virtual hug (((H)))

You go girl, and be all you can be! (as they say!)
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    NO, you should not be embarraseed. YOu have to start somewhere and you are starting. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I feel that way too! So you are not alone. {{{{HUGS}}}}
  • loopylinny
    Options
    Any reason is a good one as long as it makes you decide to make that positive change to your lifestyle!
  • NitaCeeCee
    Options
    There's nothing bad about wanting to be treated with respect (and love). Just remember that people deserve respect and love for who they are on the inside, regardless of what they look like or how much they weigh. When you have lost all the excess weight (you CAN do it, it WILL happen!!), just make sure you find someone who loves you for who you are on the inside!

thank you, you are SO right

thanks to everyone who replied. you're right. it's not a bad reason but i need to do it for me first and foremost
  • NitaCeeCee
    Options
    I feel that way too! So you are not alone. {{{{HUGS}}}}

((((hugs back)))) i hope this post has made you feel a bit better
  • Magic_Girl
    Magic_Girl Posts: 158
    Options
    When I was obese I had the same motivation! I use to hug my dog or my teddy bear and wish it was a man that loved me, it just made me sad all the time. Just don't have love as your only motivation... once I found love I started gaining weight again and if you don't feel good about yourself and you are with a person you love, then you are going to feel insecure and be jealous of every girl who crosses paths with your man (i never knew how jealous i was until i fell in love! not fun!). Now my motivation is to just feel confident and feel good about myself. I'm doing it for me now, not for anyone else! :)

p.s. You are sooo beautiful!!!! I'm surprised you haven't found a man already!! You have such pretty face and you seem like a really nice person :)
  • NitaCeeCee
    Options
    When I was obese I had the same motivation! I use to hug my dog or my teddy bear and wish it was a man that loved me, it just made me sad all the time. Just don't have love as your only motivation... once I found love I started gaining weight again and if you don't feel good about yourself and you are with a person you love, then you are going to feel insecure and be jealous of every girl who crosses paths with your man (i never knew how jealous i was until i fell in love! not fun!). Now my motivation is to just feel confident and feel good about myself. I'm doing it for me now, not for anyone else! :)

p.s. You are sooo beautiful!!!! I'm surprised you haven't found a man already!! You have such pretty face and you seem like a really nice person :)

haha! thank you! *blushes*

I actually had a boyfriend when I was 16 and years later we had a daughter but then he left me :(. I guess a family scared him away. I'm 25 now and haven't had a boyfriend since. At first it was because I was focused on bringing up my daughter but now I'm starting to feel lonely and invisible
  • whittrusty
    whittrusty Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    No reason is a bad reason to lose weight as long as you're doing it for YOU! Gaining self-confidence is a HUGE reason for most people in losing weight. Congratulations on making this life change!! You can do it! :smile:
  • HealthyAlp
    Options
    Do you know that what men find most attractive is a confident woman who is not afraid to be herself? It's true! It doesn't matter what weight you are, you are considered the most beautiful when you stand straight, look people in the eye and give them the best rewarding smile you can offer. That makes them think "hey, this lady knows what she wants and is not afraid to show it." That's what makes us beautiful.

Trust me, I have a lot of guys who are friends who will completely ignore the attention-seeking girls. And I don't hang out with any shallow, low-lifes! My guy-friends are real people, down to earth, and honest.

Is it the best reason to lose weight? Well, not exactly. You should want to lose weight on your own terms and not because you want to attract people. It's a good secondary reason, that's for sure. But if you want to find that perfect someone, chances are your not going to want the one who's just after you because of the way you look. Shallow guys are a waste of time. Find someone who cares about YOU, and I mean ALL of you.

*big hug*
  • homeport51
    homeport51 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Not a bad reason at all! It takes what it takes to get us motivated. I have always been the fat one in our group and when we went out I used to say that I was invisible. So... You are preaching to the choir Sister!
    You CAN do this!
  • stxbobcat
    Options
    No, it is NOT a bad reason to want to lose weight. At least you can do something about the reason men look right through you. I have reached the age where they look right through me and there is not a D**N thing I can do about it.
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Nothing at all to be embarrassed about! It happens all the time..... and it's happened to me.... and yes, it hurts! And everyone (I think) wants to be cuddled and hugged...... it's that human touch....

If that's what makes you want to lose weight and become healthier, than that's a great reason! It will get you on the right track and you can do it! Stick with us! You'll have so much motivation and good vibes you won't believe it!
  • _Splenda_
    _Splenda_ Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Any reason is a good reason for a POSITIVE lifestyle change!