NWFAMILYGAL

nwfamilygal
nwfamilygal Posts: 635
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been on this sight since Nov 9, 2008. I haven't posted as I am a little shy. My friend kept telling me to let you know how I am doing. I have lost 14 lbs so far. We walk 4.2 miles a day. As we can that is. Most of the time yes. We enjoy walking together. It is so easy when you have a friend to walk with. I have been over weight most of my life after babies that is. I have struggled but now I have found something that really works for me. Eating right and walking sure have helped. I am shooting for under 200 lbs before the Christmas holiday. When we started we wasn't eating the calories we burned off. We thought that would be a no no. But guess what now we are eating them and looseing weight. That has been a real thrill. I just hope my little story can give someone encouragement.

Replies

• Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been on this sight since Nov 9, 2008. I haven't posted as I am a little shy. My friend kept telling me to let you know how I am doing. I have lost 14 lbs so far. We walk 4.2 miles a day. As we can that is. Most of the time yes. We enjoy walking together. It is so easy when you have a friend to walk with. I have been over weight most of my life after babies that is. I have struggled but now I have found something that really works for me. Eating right and walking sure have helped. I am shooting for under 200 lbs before the Christmas holiday. When we started we wasn't eating the calories we burned off. We thought that would be a no no. But guess what now we are eating them and looseing weight. That has been a real thrill. I just hope my little story can give someone encouragement.
  • lascolaj514
    lascolaj514 Posts: 53 Member
    Congratulations on your success so far. I've been here a couple months and am happy with my 5 lb. loss so far. I really don't exercise but I had hoped to walk more. So far, not so much. I can't stand the cold and don't get out during the week because of my 12 hour work days. I love the information and encouragement we get here. Good luck.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Welcome to MFP Congrats on your weight loss so far.
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    well done on your weight loss! you can do it :drinker:
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    You encourage me everyday my friend:) Thank you for sharing and encouraging us all:) We need to get your little "ticker" to show up here;) Love you edie, denise

Just wanted to introduce myself. I have been on this sight since Nov 9, 2008. I haven't posted as I am a little shy. My friend kept telling me to let you know how I am doing. I have lost 14 lbs so far. We walk 4.2 miles a day. As we can that is. Most of the time yes. We enjoy walking together. It is so easy when you have a friend to walk with. I have been over weight most of my life after babies that is. I have struggled but now I have found something that really works for me. Eating right and walking sure have helped. I am shooting for under 200 lbs before the Christmas holiday. When we started we wasn't eating the calories we burned off. We thought that would be a no no. But guess what now we are eating them and looseing weight. That has been a real thrill. I just hope my little story can give someone encouragement.
  • Sounds like you are doing great!

Good for you for eatting your exercise calories and making progress like that.

Hope to see you around more. Sounds like you have learned a lot that you can share with the rest of us. :flowerforyou:
  • Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I need all I can get LOL .
    I'm on the go a lot but I will check in when ever I can with you girls. In retirement I'm busier than when I worked. Don't know where the time goes. Have a great day LOLove Edie
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    That's ok edie, Im right here to "carry" you to your puter so you can check in with all of us:) And hey, you are getting easier to carry every day:bigsmile: :drinker: :laugh: I just crack me up:happy: Love you girlfriend, denise
    Thank you everyone for your encouragement. I need all I can get LOL .
    I'm on the go a lot but I will check in when ever I can with you girls. In retirement I'm busier than when I worked. Don't know where the time goes. Have a great day LOLove Edie
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Way to go on your success so far and best of luck that it continues!!

:bigsmile:
    -Tami
  • Thank you and best of luck to you also. I weighed again today and lost another pound. I put a shirt on I couldn't wear and guess what I can I am so thrilled. Thank you for your support. Edie

Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Way to go on your success so far and best of luck that it continues!!

:bigsmile:
    -Tami
  • Congrats on your hard work so far...and welcome to the site!

111997.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
This discussion has been closed.