Shape up shoes

Options
Hey guys n gals ....i went and bought shape up shoes today ...THEY WORK!!! Holy crow! I went for a 30 minute power walk and wow my calves butt and...the muscles on me front upper legs are on fire!!! I started feeling the burn!!!! i was wondering if any else has hese shoes and how they have worked for u ..........:ohwell:

Replies

• dasskinny
    Options
    i honestly don't like them, i guess they are okay to walk in but any longer than 30min-1hr they really mess up your feet! well my feet anyway :-(
  • trdy77
    trdy77 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    LOVE my shape ups! I've had them for about a year. The major difference for me is that my lower back doesn't ache nearly as much. They really help me to walk on the balls of my feet instead of my toes which in turn helps keep my pelvis in the proper position.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    The idea is great, however as of late there have been issues with some who have bought them and are experiencing pain in joints like the hip and knees. I don't mean to discredit them, but everyone's gait is different and just like running shoes, if these don't fit your walking gait profile, you could end up having issues. If it's working fine, that's good, but some may need to make sure this shoe is fine with their walking gait before purchasing.

http://khorrami.com/currentcases/skechers.html
  • auba2004
    auba2004 Posts: 12
    Options
    thanks every one!! I see they work for some and cause problems for others... i will keeping waering them and see how it goes!!!
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    A few things I'll impart upon you:

1. Don't pay $100 for them, watch for them on sale at DSW or other shoe store, I got two pair at the beginning of the summer for $25/ pair. I believe Costco carriesbthem at a discounted price as wel.
    2. Only wear them for their intended exercise, otherwise you'll a. Wear them out and b. Injure yourself
    3. Mine only lasted about 3 months with daily 1 hour walks
    4. There are at least a couple of different levels of these, so make sure you read the box for their intended use

Hope this helps!