exercise or not on cheat days?

Options
for those of you who have "cheat days" do you exercise on your cheat day? also do you stay within your calorie budget or let yourself go over?

Replies

• sprinkies
    sprinkies Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    i ALWAYS exercise on cheat days, then i don't feel so guilty! i save my bad foods for the day i exercise the most. today i burned 800 cals so i have almost 2800 to eat (i'm in maintenance) and i will eat every one of those cals (tortellini salad and a rachel sandwich here i come!)
  • exercisarah
    Options
    thanks for your input!
  • cheshirechic
    cheshirechic Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'll exercise in the morning as usual, and eat as usual throughout the day until my "cheat meal." :D
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I have done both. There is some info out there that says there may be some benefit to not exercising on your day of surplus to further help enhance hormonal recovery from dieting. Can't say I have noticed a difference either way.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I don't have "cheat days" but I do eat more on days I workout so I guess you would say yes to your question.
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    CHEAT DAYS ARE NOT HEALTHY.
    all they do is keep the disctusting un-nutritious foods in your life.
    which you dont want, they do not benefit you whatsoever!
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i don't have cheat days, but i do have cheat meals. Once a week my family and I go out to dinner, so I normally order whatever I want. I DO workout on the days that i have cheat meals though.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Yes, I exercise on cheat days. Yesterday I had a wedding to go. I ate really good all week, and yesterday I ate every type of cheese that was on the cheese platter, and I had 2 cocktails, and butter, and bread. I need that one day a week to do that, but I need to exercise in order to do it.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    CHEAT DAYS ARE NOT HEALTHY.
    all they do is keep the disctusting un-nutritious foods in your life.
    which you dont want, they do not benefit you whatsoever!

My trainer's philosophy is that you need to eat healthy 80% of the time.
  • jowings
    jowings Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise on my cheat day, but I do not track calories(no math on cheat days!) :). I am at maintenance weight, so I need to make sure that I am not slacking off on making healthy choices, but I try to let myself have a day where I can get the larger coffee drink or have a couple beers. Some people frown on cheats days, but so long as you aren't letting it sidetrack you from your goals, I think that it can be a good thing. Just listen to your body and make sure you are making the right choices for you!
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I think that exercise is very important if you eat over your calories. I try to only have a "cheat meal" and a snack and get back on. We cannot always be perfect and it is best not to deprive yourself but rather let yourself have it but in smaller portions.

Good luck to you!
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I typical do not, I have once in awhile if I need to make-up a day.

I have my Spike Day as a day to have a calorie surplus so if I exercised I would just make sure I ate more food then. Honestly usually I am too full to do anything but have a chill-out day. Perfect for football!