QUESTION: Calorie ZigZaggin??

Options
I have heard that zig-zagging your calories helps promote the weight loss...but my question is do you go by net calories consumed (like, after exercise) or just the food you consumed?

Is it okay to eat back the calories your earned during your workouts?

thanks!!

Replies

• Cookie22684
    Cookie22684 Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    I use a completely different calculator than MFP to determine how many calories to eat. I have calculated my BMR at around 1400 and my TDEE around 2000, so for me to lose weight I need to eat in between there consistently. MFP calculates me at 1200 calories plus exercise. So my way is just to eat 1500 on "low calorie" days and 1800 on "high calorie" days for my cycle. If I were using MFP's numbers, that would be consistent with eating their recommendation plus exercise which would be about 1200+exercise=1500 on low cal days or 1500+exercise=1800 on high cal days.

If that makes sense?

It might be best for you to get a running average of what you burn off each day throughout the week, and then plan on adding that many calories to MFP's base number and see where that gets you. It's easier to plan that way for your meals, too.