Drinking, and cleanses

Options
Has anyone found that cutting alcoholic beverages out of their diet completely has helped with weight loss? Any thoughts on alcohol in general since the holiday season is coming upon us.
Also does anyone else incorporate Kombucha into their daily diet have you found one to be better than another, I personally really like the GT's Trilogy.
Has anyone had any success with cleanses? I am about to start a yeast cleanse to help lessen my sugar cravings. Any thoughts?

Replies

• mightygrinko
    Options
    Has anyone found that cutting alcoholic beverages out of their diet completely has helped with weight loss? Any thoughts on alcohol in general since the holiday season is coming upon us.
    Also does anyone else incorporate Kombucha into their daily diet have you found one to be better than another, I personally really like the GT's Trilogy.
    Has anyone had any success with cleanses? I am about to start a yeast cleanse to help lessen my sugar cravings. Any thoughts?
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I stopped drinking big time!!! Some drinks don't have as many calories...but everything I like could put me well over my daily limit with drinks alone! With the holiday's I decided I would be DD to keep me from being so tempted when we go out. I will allow myself 1 night of uncounted everything while we are home since we have some friends that like to party. Just because I'm going on vacation doesn't mean I can let my diet go...I've worked to hard!
  • schoonmp
    schoonmp Posts: 175
    Options
    :drinker: I don't think stopping drinking has helped me. I used to drink a couple of beers a day. Cut down to just a couple on the weekend and didn't see any weight difference.
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I drink vodka with cranberry very low calories. I also keep my beer intake down and I haven't seen a drastic drop in weight because I stopped drinking beer.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I know this is bad but I tend to lose weight when I drink because it decreases my appetite! :ohwell:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    As far as alcohol goes, I always just factor it into my calories. I've never been one for sugary daiquiries or anything like that so it hasn't hindered me too much.
  • 123purple
    Options
    I stopped drinking big time!!! Some drinks don't have as many calories...but everything I like could put me well over my daily limit with drinks alone! With the holiday's I decided I would be DD to keep me from being so tempted when we go out. I will allow myself 1 night of uncounted everything while we are home since we have some friends that like to party. Just because I'm going on vacation doesn't mean I can let my diet go...I've worked to hard!

What drinks do you consider low-cal? As everyone knows, the holidays are coming up and just wondering which drinks I should avoid and which drinks are ok to have (in moderation of course) in terms of calories.
  • Cerabell18
    Options
    Don't drink anything mixed with Egg Nog!! Unless of course it is the hungry girl version...haven't tried it but told it is delicious.