Sports bra for running????

Options
Hey ladies....I am thinking about starting to run alittle. Infact I have to since I signed up for a half marathon in Feb 2012. I think I am going to step out my comfort zone and join a running group that teaches you how to work up to 5k marathons etc. I need to get a good sports bra for my new adventure. I don't have alot to support but I need something:embarassed:
THANKS

Replies

• CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I like the Shock Absorber crop-top style ones. They keep everything nicely in place and comfortable. I have quite a bit to keep in place and these ones do the trick. If I can find a link I'll post it for you :)
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    I love my Moving Comfort Vixen bra. LOVE it. Totally keeps me from jigglin' but I'm not squashed either. It isn't fun to take off when I'm all sweaty post work out, but over all it's a win.

*It is designed for high impact activities.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I love shock absorber!
  • iluvtosing2u
    Options
    I'm no help. I've been using duct tape because we're broke. lol But I did buy a waist thingy that people use to sweat during workouts and I'm going to give that a try over my bust-while running rather than use the duct tape. Hoping I'll lose some of my boobs once I drop more weight (currently in an I or a J).
  • sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey... I got mine from a sports shop. Think its called shock absorber or something like that!! Will check for you later. They offer differing levels of support and I think mine is the highest and is very supportive. I (was) DD - E at the start of this and found it very comfortable and stopped too much painful bounce! I don't run as its not for me but i do wear it for Zumba and when I'm feeling crazy enough to do Jillian michaels!! I used to have one from m&S (not sure where you are from) but not as good as the one I currently have. Hope that helps??
  • CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I like the Shock Absorber crop-top style ones. They keep everything nicely in place and comfortable. I have quite a bit to keep in place and these ones do the trick. If I can find a link I'll post it for you :)

Here's the link. You can buy them most places. I'm an F cup and it keeps me from bouncing too much. very comfy.

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/focus/run-sportsbra.html
  • Thaliamf
    Thaliamf Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Sports Bras with the adjustable straps. You boobs will never move out of place or bounce.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I have several Champion bras and I love them.
  • go2grrl
    go2grrl Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Sports Bras with the adjustable straps. You boobs will never move out of place or bounce.

Ditto! I looooove my Moving Comforts. They're spendy, but worth every dollar!
  • hauntedwebby
    Options
    Moving Comfort Juno.

Not a pain to get in and out of, plus you can adjust the straps.
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    shock absorber bra's are great keeps you in place
  • jonesconstance
    Options
    Way to go!! I have tried several and Champion is my fave. Comfortable, durable, and hold up well through the rough ride in the wash.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    I'm cheap. I buy the "Barely There" brand at Kohl's. They're soft & comfy, and still plenty supportive for my 34C's.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I didnt have a whole lot to spend when I got mine so I went to Walmart & hoped for the best. I got one for high impact that was $10. So far it's pretty good - squishes the girls a bit but I guess they werent really made to make my boobs look their best. :laugh:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Danskin-Now-Women-s-High-Impact-Seamless-Sport-Bras-2-Pack/14506153
  • jennmoore3
    jennmoore3 Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options

Here's the link. You can buy them most places. I'm an F cup and it keeps me from bouncing too much. very comfy.

http://www.shockabsorber.co.uk/focus/run-sportsbra.html

I went to purchase one, and it was in UK prices. Are you from the UK?
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the great advice! I am going to look some of these up on line. I love a good deal! But I think when it comes to shoes and maybe bras, I might need to put down some $$$$ I'm in California Jenn
  • PositivePower
    PositivePower Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    Hey... I got mine from a sports shop. Think its called shock absorber or something like that!! Will check for you later. They offer differing levels of support and I think mine is the highest and is very supportive. I (was) DD - E at the start of this and found it very comfortable and stopped too much painful bounce! I don't run as its not for me but i do wear it for Zumba and when I'm feeling crazy enough to do Jillian michaels!! I used to have one from m&S (not sure where you are from) but not as good as the one I currently have. Hope that helps??

I Love Zumba Class!!!!!!!! Mine are so crowded...They just opened up some new ones... I'm going to check out the new times and keep on shaking those hips! Thanks!
  • nosugarcoating
    nosugarcoating Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I just bought a new one today by the brand triaction by Triumph. It's called High Performer N. Not sure if you can buy it in the States, though. I am in Germany.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    bump... to read when it's not so late.
  • clydeisme
    Options
    Bump