Hey there :]

Options
I'm new to the site and looking for positive support and honest motivation! I promise to offer the same :] I truly believe in encouragement, and kindness, and see 'failure' as nothing more than a reason to get back up and try again. No, I'm not honestly this annoyingly cheerful and optimistic usually, but I am trying to be! I know I need to change the little voice in my head, and so far, being supportive to others is helping me remember to do the same for myself :)

Replies

• sullyboo
    sullyboo Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey. Add me if you like !! I'm maintaining now and completely addicted to MFP. So if you need a bit of encouragement then I'm happy to oblige.
  • sej1990
    sej1990 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I just started last night and so far love it :^) The first day seems the hardest because when you focus on dieting and watching what you eat you crave more :^( so just watch out for the hunger monkey cause he will fight back lol
  • sallyanne43
    Options
    I just joined last night, too. I hope this works...I want to lose 30 pounds (but I'd be happy with 25, too!). The support and encouragement is going to be key, since I've been a life-long dieter. At 42 (and after 2 kids) it's just getting harder to lose any weight! Also, after I tracked my food today I realized how fast I use up my calories...so I'll have to rethink the butter on my toast, and little things like that!
  • pipistrula
    Options
    Sej1990: Yeah, I've made the personal choice to not TOO quickly cut out bad habits so that cravings don't kill me, so for now I'm still allowing myself a few bad choices, but always in limited quantities so I'm not left with a growing craving, but also watch what I consume :o

Sallyanne43: I know what you mean! Im trying to balance calories and nutrients and it's so tough! This time around ive made it my goal to be 5k ready by October and hope that weight loss comes with preparation, personally, MFP will be amazing help in making sure my body can handle the change in activity.
  • scarieshoney
    scarieshoney Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Samesies!! I joined yesterday too. Lets be friends! Newbies unite :D