Minute Mile?

mirandamary
mirandamary Posts: 7
edited October 1 in Fitness and Exercise
I do all my stuff in KM's so to try and figure out what my "running minute mile" is I'm confused! Can anyone help me out?

Replies

• csmith4567
    csmith4567 Posts: 82 Member
    1 km = .62 miles ... so just multiply your kilometers times .62 to convert them to miles.
  • I still don't get it! My last workout said my adverage was 11 minutes and 10 seconds. If I times that by .62 I get 6.882 but how do I get that into miles? It just seems wrong to have 1 mile (which is bigger than a km) take less time! I'm so confused!
  • maserati185
    maserati185 Posts: 263 Member
    Did you run an 11minute and 10 second mile and want to know how fast you run a km based on that?...

Or did you run an 11 minute 10 second km and want to know how fast you would run a mile?

lol I'm confused too.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Hey! This site is very helpful to me..you can plug in your distance by miles or KM's. Hope this helps!

http://www.active.com/fitness/calculators.htm#

It's a pace calculator..I use it everyday. :smile:
  • I ran a 11 minute 10 second Km and I want to know what it works out to be in miles (for my exercise counting)

Thanks for the help everyone!
  • you need to times is by 1.62
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    So then you ran .62 miles in 11min 10sec which makes for about an 18 minute mile.
  • schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    wow, there are a lot of wrong answers on this post. Chuckyp is correct though. You DIVIDE the km time by 0.62 to get the mile time. You would multiply the Mile time by 0.62 to get the km time.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    I knew I got that aeronautical engineering degree for something. ;)
  • Thanks so much for all your help everyone!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    So then you ran .62 miles in 11min 10sec which makes for about an 18 minute mile.

this is correct
This discussion has been closed.