Where Do You Work Out? [pics]

Options
I'm one of those people who - through years and years of diets and exercise to control an ever-ongoing weight issue - learned to look at any and all exercise as WORK. I've been endeavoring to change that outlook for the last 3 months, and part of that change was to modify where and how I worked out.

For me, I had to get out of the gym and start having some fun. I wanted to be active, and to stop looking at exercise as a daily chore that I hated. With that goal in mind, I canceled my gym membership and took to the roads and parks around my neighborhood.

Bike-Ride-007-533x400.jpg

This is what I found. This is Hecksher Park on Long Island, NY. I can bike in for free and enjoy woods or beach - sun and sand as I see fit. This is where I bike, walk, run, swim...notice I didn't say "exercise". That makes all the difference for me, and it's the reason why I'm successful this time.

To further motivate myself (and hopefully others), I'm hoping my fellow MFP'rs will share some of their inspiring active lifestyle pics.

So...where do you work out?

PS - I took that photo last Monday on a bike ride along the beach.

Replies

• Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    That's much prettier than my view! I workout in my apartment building's gym. They have a giant full wall mural that's a close up photo of a man doing a hurdle jump. It's pretty disturbing.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    You're absolutely right. I became a successful loser when I decide not to go on fad diets or taking diet pills anymore and just do my exercises at home, office (though my Aikido and Football clubs), neighborhood and also by preferring to be more active when I'm not exercising. I was a member of 2 gym clubs some years ago but I never really liked it. As I read in one blog, do exercises that you find most enjoyable and convenient. To be successful is to love what you are doing.
  • CSelf1
    CSelf1 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Same goes for me! I use to go to the big gyms and felt like I was working my butt off but nothing was happening and I hated it. Last year I joined a boxing gym and I LOVE it! There is something about getting in that ring and hitting the bags that just makes me want to keep going. I no longer feel like I am working out, I look forward to going AND I am learning something. Plus, there is always something you can change up so it doesn't get boring.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    In my community we have over 60 miles of greenbelt trails. I have a basket on my bicycle that I put a small blanket in the bottom, and my little dog, Batman, sits in the basket and I go for a bike ride all over the greenbelts. I see beautiful lakes, deer, rabbits, etc... very relaxing way to burn calories.