4 Months and 34 pounds IS making a difference ...

Options
ecmcnamee
ecmcnamee Posts: 317 Member
I've been kind of down about being stuck at the same weight for about 5 weeks and then gaining a pound today. Yes, I've lost inches and I'm really excited about that .. more than excited about it, I'm over the moon about it. But mentally, damnit, I want that number to move DOWN on the scale. Tonight I looked at some pictures of myself from now and about the past 6 months and I can actually tell that I've lost weight ... I'm going to keep trudging ahead and but damn these plateaus are freaking difficult. I know a lot of you (at least a bunch of people that I'm friends with) are going through the same thing. As many times as I tell myself that this journey is way more about the number on the scale .. it's still damn depressing when it doesn't do what it wants you to do. Happy health and fitness everyone :)

April, 2011

Photoon2011-04-15at22202.jpg

August, 2011

Beth.jpg

Replies

• inlander
    inlander Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!
  • pork_belly
    pork_belly Posts: 144
    Options
    Hang in there. Plateaus are inevitable. You look great. Keep up the good work and don't get discouraged!
  • Whitney080
    Options
    I can tell a huge difference!! You look great!!(: I just started my weight loss journey and hope I can lose as much as you! :D
  • kallibrae
    kallibrae Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Woah! Our weight is about the same, as well as our goals.
    You look amazing, keep up the great work! :)
    Feel free to add me.
  • natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    wow! you look great! thats a major difference!!
  • ShinyFraga
    ShinyFraga Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I see a major difference! you are doing so great! and I completely relate to the whole "stuck" thing because I also am sitting at 34 pounds lost and feel like I'm not getting anywhere either. even though the measuring tape keeps showing me smaller and smaller numbers. it's just not the same as that blasted scale showing lower numbers! :laugh:
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    You look INCREDIBLE!! HOLY smokes, what a huge difference!! You look bright, healthy and happy and BEAUTIFUL now (your before pic was pretty also, but such a difference now). KEEP IT UP!! I had a crazy plateau that was also 5 weeks. Lost and GAINED the same darn 2 pounds AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!!! Then last week lost 6 pounds!! So I know how frustrating it is!! Hang in there!! :)
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! What a big difference. You look great!!
  • AnotherMichelle
    AnotherMichelle Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Also, Im loving the blonde! :D
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Not only that, but you look younger too! Fantastic!
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    You LOOK GREAT!!!!! I can totally see a major difference!!!!
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    woah! awesome difference, you're doing great!!!
  • KeepGoingRhonda
    KeepGoingRhonda Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I just went through the same thing, for once I did not let it stop me from doing what I was doing, I figured that sooner or later the scale would start to move again....and finally this week it did! So just keep on going, you will be rewarded!
  • megz4987
    megz4987 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    You're doing great!! Pleateus are a pain but they break eventually! Keep on truckin'! :)
  • OnCmommy
    OnCmommy Posts: 40
    Options
    You look GREAT! You're moving forward instead of back and that's what counts!!
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Wow E!!!!!! You have metamorphed!!!!!!!! I think your new tag line should be, "IT'S MORPHING TIME!" I am even more proud of you now. Keep up the good work!
  • fabi8081
    fabi8081 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful!!! Congratulations!
  • averielane
    averielane Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!

I am in the same boat, I started at about the same weight as you and am down to 201 - 203 given the day. Any suggestions on plateau breaking would be wonderful.

SW: 242
    CW: 202
    GW: 160 I am hoping by Christmas!
    Perfect world goal: 145
    I am 5'8
  • MadDogTannen22
    MadDogTannen22 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    wow! you're a sexy mama!
  • sd101483
    sd101483 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Beautiful! Can def see a difference. Keep on keeping on! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!