Replies

• lbencomo
    lbencomo Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I want to be part of this
  • free2live72003
    Options
    Hi,

I just clebrated my one year anniversary following gastric bypass surgery. It was surreal to look back and realize what a difference a year can make!

My highest weight (when I was weighing myself) was 325lbs/ pre-surgery wt. 280/ current weight 172/ goal weight 150.

I just found this site 3 months ago and it has been a hugely valuable tool for me as I begin to outline what it will take for me to maintain my weight loss as well as continue towards my goal weight going forward.

I don't want to be a slave to the "NUMBERS" for my whole lif, but I am an advocate that in these early stages tracking your "NUMBEARS" is a major key to success.

I have lived much of my life being uneducated in what it really takes to lose weight, and keeping my head in the sand in denial as to the actual "NUMBER" of calories/fat/carbs/sugar, etc. I was allowing into my body.

I am convinced that this next year will be all about learning what my body needs nutritionally and physically to function at its best, and in order to do that I need to track what I am eating and the amount and type of exercise I am engaging in.

I have a co-worker that had the gastric sleeve about the same time I had my surgery and she lost some weight, but now is already regaining because she refuses to REALLY LOOK AT what she is eating and how much she is (or is not) exercising.

I hope this site is as helpful to the rest of you as it is to me in KEEPING IT REAL, and KEEPING ME ACCOUNTABLE on a daily basis.

God's blessings to you all!
  • skatermom503
    Options
    Just has my bypass about a month ago. Still getting used to it but down to 311 from 395 (59 pre-op). Sounds like a great idea.
  • ngory07
    ngory07 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I had the gastric sleeve on jan 24th 2011. I have gone from 304 to 165. Without very much effort at all. Now that I only have 25 lbs to go I have stalled and realized I have been drinking my calories and grazing. So trying to fix that and get back on track. I love my sleeve!!!!
  • missy5277
    missy5277 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I had rny 5yrs ago, highest weight was 306 and lowest was 169, i now weigh 229!! Its so easy to regain, this surgery is definately a tool and i never thought i would regain a pound however i was wrong. i cant stress enough that you need to change your lifestyle and unlike many i can eat anything and everything without getting sick and always have been able to. This site has helped me lose 13 pounds in 2.5 months. I wish it was more but at least its a loss!
  • skatermom503
    Options
    I'm interested.