Meal Ideas: Veg and Protein only.

Options
I have noticed I have been eating a lot of trans fat and carbs. So for the next week I want to focus on eating only protein and veg (mainly. I probably will have yogurt and granola for a snack)
I need ideas. I feel like I am eating the same thing over and over again! Esp breakfast!
Thanks.

Replies

• mrphil86
    mrphil86 Posts: 2,382 Member
    Options
    I've tried that before, didn't do bad but when it came to sports/athletics, felt like crap and hated it but anyways...

Just look at any Primal Blueprint/Paleo cookbook. You'll find a lot of good ideas.
  • sunnylv
    sunnylv Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I have been reading a lot about the Paleo diet/primal diet or should I say "lifestyle" as they print on their web pages. I am going to give it a try for a week. Google this diet and you get lots of recipes. The primal website is a great source of this philosophy of eating. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try.

My starting weight this week before starting primal diet: 169.
    Ending weight next week August 21st: ?

All the best to you!
  • Meganne1982
    Options
    For breakfast i LOVE green eggs and ham- it was introduced to me by a friend on this site.
    one mashed avocado with two smashed up hard boilded eggs all mixed together with some bacon bits (I also add hot sauce)

for dinners (and leftovers are usually my next day lunch) I switch up all the time- baked or grilled chicken breasts, fish fillets (all kinds of fish- tuna, salmon, mahi mahi, tilapia...), steaks, pork chops, burgers (bison, beef, or turkey- always with no buns), shrimp... and always with veggie sides. My fave recently is brussel sprouts (I boil them till they're really soft then sautee them in olive oil- I cook most of my veggies in olive oil), I eat a lot of broccoli and spinach, zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, mushrooms (fungus not veggie, obvisously, but still good), french cut green beans, artichocke hearts, cauliflower (my fave is mashed cauliflower)...

And when I don't have leftovers for lunch I'll have hard boiled eggs on a green salad or "meganne's magic tuna salad"- which is a lot like the "green eggs and ham", mashed avocado with a can of tuna, I like lots of hot sauce in it, and sometimes a diced bell pepper mixed in too. Delicious.

I'm a primal-ish eater, so protein and veggies are practically all I eat, and I feel amazing :)

Hope this helps!

Good luck to you :)

add: a lot of what helps with what i eat not getting boring is working with a variety of spices. have a full spice rack (and a fridge full of fresh herbs), and you can try out all kinds of new tastes with your meats and veggies :)
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    for dinners (and leftovers are usually my next day lunch) I switch up all the time- baked or grilled chicken breasts, fish fillets (all kinds of fish- tuna, salmon, mahi mahi, tilapia...), steaks, pork chops, burgers (bison, beef, or turkey- always with no buns), shrimp... and always with veggie sides. My fave recently is brussel sprouts (I boil them till they're really soft then sautee them in olive oil- I cook most of my veggies in olive oil), I eat a lot of broccoli and spinach, zucchini, yellow squash, bell peppers, mushrooms (fungus not veggie, obvisously, but still good), french cut green beans, artichocke hearts, cauliflower (my fave is mashed cauliflower)...

That's a really nice rotation you've got going there. That is similar to the kind of eating plan I try to do, but don't always have the discipline to adhere to it. But on days when I do, the weight falls off unbelievably quick. Any cut of fresh meat, minimally seasoned with just the most basic seasonings from Trader Joes plus whatever fresh vegetable complement catches my eye at the store.

You've covered it so well, I can't really add anything except I sometimes like to put a few tomatoes into the broiler and cook them till the skin is slightly burnt. They complement fresh cuts of meat so well. I also chop up a head of romaine lettuce, sprinkle it with either feta cheese or shaved parmesan for a simple salad.