newbie....

Options
Hello from Texas,

Notice I didn't say "Sunny Texas"....we've had plenty of sunshine this year and are all praying for rain!

I haven't been on a scale in years...until this site prompted me for a number. OMG, I wouldn't have ever guessed THIS number! I always think about losing weight, joined a gym this summer and work out at least 3 days a week. School starts next week (I'm a teacher) so I was thinking about forgetting the membership and just handling "home exercise". Well, after seeing that number (and some not very flattering photos from our vacation last week) I think I will keep the gym, and step up the home stuff.

Did anyone else have a hard time coming up with a number for the goal? I picked a number that I think will feel a whole lot better, but then I did the BMI thing, and my number should be 20 lbs. less than that even. Sheesh. Anyway, I guess I am glad (altho also mortified and embarassed) to know the actual number on the scale. My dilemma was, do I shoot for what sounds reasonable? Or do I shoot for what I know is the right number? Either way, I have at least 50 pounds to lose. Doable.... lol....well, from what I've read anyway.

I do have two questions:

1.The journal/diary part is private right? Only I can see that? For some reason I think I'll be more apt to be honest with myself if I know no one else can see it.

2. I see people writing "You can add me".... how do you add someone, and what are you adding them to? Is it like FB, with a friends list? Is all communications through the message boards? Is there a chat room?

Ok, more than 2 questions. I'll appreciate any info tho!
THANKS!

Replies

• EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP and good luck on your weight loss journey
  • KrazyGal
    Options
    Newbie too! :)
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome. I just wanted to let you know that if you go under your settings you can make your diary/journal private if you want to. Yes this site is made up of friends similar to facebook. I would love to add you and give you support and motivation if you would like to be friends. All you have to do is choose accept if you want to accept my friend request and you can also click on my user name to see my profile it you would like before you add me.

I hope I have answered some of your questions.

hugs and good luck
    Bev
  • TexasSunny
    TexasSunny Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Thanks Bev!

I found the friends thing.... and I'll figure out more tomorrow!