Not a big fan of water.

Options
2»

Replies

• shnazzy
    shnazzy Posts: 213
    Options
    i never used to be either but now i love it ,i never drink fizzy drinks i first started on flavoured water then gradually plain water now i drink loads of it , and coffee and white wine :) lol
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I'm sooooo guilty of not drinking enough water each day. 'Flat' drinks (i.e. diluted squash) just don't do it for me, there has to be a sparkle, but carbonated water tastes gross! I don't drink tea, coffee or milk.

The only way I can drink ordinary water is if it is so cold it's almost to the point of freezing - I really struggle to take on board any decent amount of fluid at work as I am stuck at a reception desk/phone and I can only leave my desk to visit the ladies room if I call upstairs for cover - I was taking water tablets a couple of weeks ago for swollen feet and had to stop as colleagues got fed up with having to leave their work and come downstairs every 15 minutes!

I struggle..........!!
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Hello. :)

I'm having a really hard time getting my water requirement every day. I probably already know the answer to this (sigh), but... while water additives (crystal light, etc) would absolutely help me drink (much) more water every day, are they counter-productive? Does water still count as water if it's flavored?

It depend on what additive you're using. Some add calories some don't. I prefer natural, I add a slice of lemon or lime or orange. it gives a little flavor & doesn't add calories. (checked several sources to make sure).
    One other thing I do is keep 2 liters of water with me & drink that most of the day. 2 liters = about 9cups.
    Sobe Lifewater - the 0 cal one tastes good & has a bunch of great flavors comes in 20oz bottles (that's 2.5cups for each bottle).
  • ckatastrophy
    ckatastrophy Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Just drink it eventually your tastebuds change for it and you crave it even. You just have to keep drinking it. Try fresh squeeze limes/lemons though. Soak the water in the fridge with a lime and lemon each cut into it. Cucumbers will also add a nice refreshing natural flavor.

I cut out caffeine first by switching to sprite(the clear ones help) and then try carbonated water then slowly go to more fresh natural water. If you have Albertsons they have Cascade Ice brand flavored water its got artificial flavorings but is carbonated and flavored its a good way to work towards drinking only water.

I agree with smaller amounts or sipping at it. And remember if you feel thirsty you are already dehydrating. ;)

Love the cucumber idea! Hadn't thought of that one. Thanks!
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I have problems with water only when I am at home. When I am at work I can drink and drink and drink water. I don't know the different for being at work than being at home but I love my water at work. I also love MiO but it's also expensive and I do love putting lemon in my water.
  • thefishers4
    thefishers4 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Just drink it eventually your tastebuds change for it and you crave it even. You just have to keep drinking it. Try fresh squeeze limes/lemons though. Soak the water in the fridge with a lime and lemon each cut into it. Cucumbers will also add a nice refreshing natural flavor.

I cut out caffeine first by switching to sprite(the clear ones help) and then try carbonated water then slowly go to more fresh natural water. If you have Albertsons they have Cascade Ice brand flavored water its got artificial flavorings but is carbonated and flavored its a good way to work towards drinking only water.

I agree with smaller amounts or sipping at it. And remember if you feel thirsty you are already dehydrating. ;)

Love the cucumber idea! Hadn't thought of that one. Thanks!
    LOve the cucumber idea! Never would of thought of that. Thanks!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Squeeze a bit of fresh citrus fruit in there, lemon or lime. Will give it a little flavor without adding calories.
  • Klein1475
    Klein1475 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I love ICE COLD, COLD water... Room temp or even just out the faucet sucks big time... Refridgerate it and see if it makes a difference to you... My body literally craves ice cold water... I drink about a 1/2 gallon to a gallon a day on a regular basis...

Hope that helps...
    Tammy
  • hufflepuffin
    Options
    It all helps. Thanks everybody! I knew I wasn't the only one that didn't like water. ;)
  • EvilDave14
    EvilDave14 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi

I never used to drink water on its own. One day I just started to force myself to drink it. I'm still not a big fan, but it is much easier to drink now than it was.
  • Hernandezedw
    Options
    You don't have to be a big fan of water. I hate it. That's why I make sure there's plenty of water in my soda and food.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=eight-glasses-water-per-day