easy way to measure calories?

Options
Hi all dedicated people..

i am currently eating around 1300 calories a day (i think soo), i am a fan of Asian(indian) food and i experiment a variety of my own cooked food on myself ;)...

is there any easy way to find calories in home-made indian food..

Replies

• rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I think if you really wanted it to be accurate, you could click on 'recipes' and choose the option to add a recipe, list all the ingredients and how many servings, and it calculates the calories per serving for you. It takes a bit of time, but if it's something you plan to make often, it would be worthwhile to add the recipe.
    By the way, 1300 calories is quite low for a male, it is usually recommended men not go under 1400 :)
    You are doing great, and nice choices during Ramadan! My husband is eating loads of bread and has put on a little weight.
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    You can make and add your own recipes under your food tab. Its alittle time consuming but once its done you can useit over and over.
  • Shabawan
    Shabawan Posts: 37
    Options
    Thanks i try to keep my food simple and dont want to stuff my self with food after staying on fast for 19 hours.. your idea is very good and i will give it a try next time :)
    I think if you really wanted it to be accurate, you could click on 'recipes' and choose the option to add a recipe, list all the ingredients and how many servings, and it calculates the calories per serving for you. It takes a bit of time, but if it's something you plan to make often, it would be worthwhile to add the recipe.
    By the way, 1300 calories is quite low for a male, it is usually recommended men not go under 1400 :)
    You are doing great, and nice choices during Ramadan! My husband is eating loads of bread and has put on a little weight.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If you do add the recipes, please share!!
  • proats
    proats Posts: 35 Member
    Options

i am currently eating around 1300 calories a day (i think soo), i am a fan of Asian(indian) food and i experiment a variety of my own cooked food on myself ;)...

1300 cals is ridiculously low! Where did you come up with that number?!?!
  • Shabawan
    Shabawan Posts: 37
    Options
    Random

1300 cals is ridiculously low! Where did you come up with that number?!?!
  • HangoverSquare
    HangoverSquare Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Checking online or in MFP's database is often what I do. I know it's not going to be 100% accurate all the time, but gives me a good estimate.

Either that, or I pull out a ruler to measure them.

I'll be here all week, folks.