Couch to 5km It does work !!!!!! - Now to Run for Breast Ca

Options
apehead1
apehead1 Posts: 87 Member
I had to share this with everyone. Since losing my weight and maintaining the weight off for almost a year now I continue changing my lifestlye.

I have never ever been a runner but thought I would try this. I dit the program couch to 5km and wow it does work. I'm so pumped.

It's a 9 week program that is idiot proof. Just follow the voice insturctions listen to the music and do it every other day.

It's like running for Dummies.

I Started this program June 23 2011 and have run for a total of 94 km in that time. I Graduated from the program couch to 5km this morning.

Ran for a total of 5.97 km in 32.5 minutes. Doing my first 5km race August 28. WOOT!!!!

Since my mom had breast cancer I also thought this race would have special meaning as well.

If anyone would like to sponsor me and a couple of dollars that would be great. You can do it online

https://www.onlineregistrations.ca/bayshorepledges/index.php?lname=Krieger&fname=Daniel

Regardless if you want to become a runner does this program, It will change your life.

Replies

• TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Well done!

I've been doing it too but have just switched to using Runkeeper because after getting sick and missing a couple of weeks (I'd previously got to W8), I'm finding that despite easing myself back into running, the leap from run 10, walk 3, run 10 is just too much - Runkeeper allows me to programme my own intervals, which is more useful to me. That's not to say that C25K isn't brilliant - it *is*, and it's allowed me to go from being completely unfit to a runner...a real runner at that!

Good luck with your race - I hope you get lots of sponsorship!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!