Lunch

Options
Need advice...want to get back on track. Today my whole family is meeting for lunch because my mom is in from out of town. I looked online and because the restaurant isn't a chain it doesn't provide nutrition facts. I was considering getting the Grecian Chicken on Pita with fresh fruit. Is this a good choice?

Also, tomorrow I am starting a new job. I am a teacher and tomorrow starts new teacher orientation. One part of tomorrow is a luncheon. How do I go about eating if I don't know what they are going to serve? Should I just eat half of everything and if there is a salad, make sure to fill up on that as long as no cheese or croutons, and light on dressing?

Thanks!

Replies

• sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    I usually have some sort of salad with meat and dressing on the side when I go out, if I am at an event then I either go all-out or, as you stated, go with the salad and take it easy (don't eat the good (bad) stuff)
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I usually do a salad with a meat too, usually salmon or shrimp, and I like a balsamic viniagrette.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    with the lunch tomorrow. Its your first day. Just make sure you make a good impression. That is more important than one days worth of calories. Stick with what others are doing. . Log it and worry about it the next day.

You lost 43 pounds, your rocking. Now rock being a teacher!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Make your choice low fat, low calorie. Lean meat, whole grain, skip the sauce and cheese. Watch portion and skip sweets.