NSV -- I am a Role Model

1953Judith
1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
edited October 1 in Success Stories
I am going to the Y this morning with a friend. She wants to see how I set the ellipitical because she wants to do intervals like I do. She also told me she is now drinking eight 8 oz glasses of water a day because I told her that the doctor's can find your veins easier for lab work (we both are dealing with the same medical stuff, post cancer). She said it really helped! Three people at the office are now going to the Y with me at lunch for body pump. I have even more examples.

I have dealt with the naysayers about my fitness regime ("You'll never lose significant weight in your 50s", You can't lose weight with a thyroid condition", "You'll injure yourself lifting weights", etc.) so it is especially fun to now be a role model (even more fun to look and feel good, to have lowered my blood pressure, to be able to walk for miles)!

Replies

• CarolynB38
    CarolynB38 Posts: 553 Member
    Fantastic! You stick with it. It's obviously doing you and your friends so much good :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Woohoo!
  • YMTaylor
    YMTaylor Posts: 230 Member
    That is so incredibly fantastic!!! I'm so happy for you that you're having success but you're also inspiring others to get healthy. Way to go!!! :)
  • Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    That's awesome!! Keep it up!!
  • JJasMyself
    JJasMyself Posts: 79 Member
    That is awesome! Keep it going! I can hardly wait for my first NSV! Seeing everyone elses is so inspirting!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Congratulations and keep it up.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    What an AWESOME NSV! Way to go . . .and keep inspiring!
  • 1953Judith
    I was so excited to come home from exercise and get all these kudos! I'm going to be better with reinforcing others NSVs. It feels so good to be accomplishing this and to have it recognized.
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    My daughter says I am her role model and she calls me her "THINSPIRATION".

You are a THINSPIRATION!!
  • Paddy31
    Paddy31 Posts: 115 Member
    That is awesome! Keep it going! I can hardly wait for my first NSV! Seeing everyone elses is so inspirting!

I guess NSV doesn't mean what it used to.

Great story though!
  • 1953Judith

Great story though!

I'm not quite sure what the above person means when s/he says "I guess NSV doesn't meant what it used to."

I could share lots of NSVs. Blood pressure is now typically 106/63 instead of 145/93; I wear size 6 Jockey underware instead of size 8, etc. . But what the big victory to me is that I have moved past hearing comments that implied hopelessness about my fitness, a negative view of me, into a perception of me as a strong person, a "model" of fit habits.

To me it seems fun to look at all the positives ways mental and physical, besides the scales, that this fitness journey impacts our lives.

Actually, I'm kind of thrilled that someone found I may have made a rhetorical faux pax on the site. It makes me feel like I'm a part of the larger community.
  • Paddy31

Great story though!

I'm not quite sure what the above person means when s/he says "I guess NSV doesn't meant what it used to."

I could share lots of NSVs. Blood pressure is now typically 106/63 instead of 145/93; I wear size 6 Jockey underware instead of size 8, etc. . But what the big victory to me is that I have moved past hearing comments that implied hopelessness about my fitness, a negative view of me, into a perception of me as a strong person, a "model" of fit habits.

To me it seems fun to look at all the positives ways mental and physical, besides the scales, that this fitness journey impacts our lives.

Actually, I'm kind of thrilled that someone found I may have made a rhetorical faux pax on the site. It makes me feel like I'm a part of the larger community.

NSV- Non-Specific Vaginitis

You haven't made the faux pas - I have!

What does it mean here?
  • 1953Judith
    LOL --

Non Scale Victory. Sorry I was snarky. My goodness, I work in a world of acronyms and really try to avoid them for just what happened in our communication. Next time I have my type of NSV I want to share, I will spell it out.
  • Paddy31
    That makes a lot more sense!
  • That is awesome! Keep it going! I can hardly wait for my first NSV! Seeing everyone elses is so inspirting!

Great story though!

NSV- Non-Specific Vaginitis

You haven't made the faux pas - I have!

What does it mean here?

Lol...I needed a good chuckle today! Have a wonderful evening! :)
  • RunTLS
    RunTLS Posts: 55 Member
    Naysayers aren't worth wasting your time on, as I'm sure you know :) That must feel wonderful.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Good for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!