Just started losing weight.

Options
I have just started losing weight. Ive lost 11 pounds and would like to know if anyone has tips for those of us who are just beginning.:smile:

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I have just started losing weight. Ive lost 11 pounds and would like to know if anyone has tips for those of us who are just beginning.:smile:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Just stick with it!!!!
    If you stay within your calories (Make sure you eat the calories you earn from exercising too!)
    Drink lots of water
    and don't give up you will lose it! I promise!!!!!

Just make sure you don't set your lifestyle to high or to low - I had mine to low and my weight loss goal per week set too high (sedentary and 2 pounds). I lost 8 pounds and was sitting still for 3 weeks. The second I changed it to lightly active and 1 pound - I lost two more pounds! So make sure you set realistic goals and change them up when needed :flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Congrats on the loss! 11 lbs. ROCKS! MFP has some great tools to utilize....log log log and jump on the message boards as that helps you really feel apart of things whether you're having a good day or a harder day on your journey:flowerforyou:

Welcome:drinker: :happy:

My thoughts for new folks and ALL of us:bigsmile: ? log, learn to make healthier choices (alternatives to our past ones, not easy at first but soooooooo worth it!), lots of water drinking, really take time to read the newbie intro posts on the main page, work some movement in each day to clear your head and get those endorphins poppin:laugh:
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the good work! :smile:
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    Just so I dont look like an idot. I have been on mfp for a while but i have just started losing the weight. I had to get the right calorie intake. Its going good, I just need some help with staying with it. I just wanted some pointers on how to get over humps, bad days, HOLIDAYS, body changes and new exercise so i don't get bored.

• rogers8702
    rogers8702 Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    dont give up the things you do like to eat just find healthier versions

example: apple pie bad-anwhere from 300-600 calories
    warmed chppoed up apple with apple pie spice 0 calorie butter spray and instant whip like 80 calories total