Waistin' Away in Margaritaville Challenge!

Options

Replies

• scantrll
    scantrll Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Great weigh-in monoxidechick! You're well on your way to meeting your Halloween goal!

Don't forget to weigh-in this week folks! I'll be weighing in tomorrow and let us all know how you did on this week's challenge! :smile:
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    Thank you scandtrll!!!!

I have been eating these delicious raspberries in everything, missed one day though, but I had already had a peach and a banana, figured it was a good day to skip the berries. Eating some now though, half frozen, YUMMMMMMMM!!!!

Good luck on the weigh ins everyone!!!
  • scantrll
    Options
    SW: 204.4
    CW: 204.0

Total Lost: -0.4 lbs. Not the best start to the challenge, but I had a high sodium lunch yesterday which is know is what caused the not so high loss. And, heh, its my own challenge and I missed two days of eating my cantaloupe. Oh, well, gonna finish the week off strong through the weekend and come Monday I'll have a new challenge for you all! :smile: I think it'll be a good one.

Don't forget to weigh in, everyone! You have till Sunday to update the spreadsheet and then Monday starts week 2!
  • anbegley
    anbegley Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    added info to spreadsheet. i have been eating blackberries every week. not sure of the boat drink, but we had oodles of them in the house before the challenge was posted, so went with it. will try to be better next week.
    Hope everyone is having/has a great weekend.
  • CaptainMFP
    CaptainMFP Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Entered my weight in the spread sheet. We buy all our fruit on Saturdays and most of what we had in the house was not boat drink fruit. However I did drink 1/2 cup of OJ every day this week and I love a good tequilla sunrise. Does that count? :smile:
  • scantrll
    Options
    Entered my weight in the spread sheet. We buy all our fruit on Saturdays and most of what we had in the house was not boat drink fruit. However I did drink 1/2 cup of OJ every day this week and I love a good tequilla sunrise. Does that count? :smile:

Hey, it works for me! It was all about getting an additional serving of fruit in our diets. :smile:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,108 Member
    Options
    I am *almost* afraid to say that a squeeze of lime is really alllllll the fruit I need in my Tequila........fruit isn't so good for me, anyhoo...
  • scantrll
    Options
    Week Two Challenge!

This week is a two part-er. The first part is a food challenge:

"Cheeseburger in paradise
    Medium rare with mustard 'be nice
    Heaven on earth with an onion slice
    I'm just a cheeseburger in paradise

I like mine with lettuce and tomato
    Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes
    Big kosher pickle and a cold draft beer
    Well good god almighty which way do I steer"

Not exactly the more healthy of burgers in the world, so what's YOUR version of the cheese burger in paradise? The challenge for this week is to eat your favorite (healthy) burger for one meal this week (beef, turkey, chicken, fish, etc) and post the recipe on here so that we can all try different cheese burgers and shake up our own menus sometimes. :happy:

The second challenge is an exercise challenge! It comes to us from scschenk (Thanks!) and it is:

Do you have "Wings" that you can't see? Got wheels on your feet? Try out your wings and wheels by walking or jogging 10 miles or by biking 20 miles in one week.

Please keep us all updated on your progress here on the thread! Let's help support each other on our quest to be better, healthier beach bums or hula girls! :happy:
  • scantrll
    Options
    I did 2.25 miles today (week 5 day 1 of the c25k program). Only 7.75 miles to go! :happy:
  • CaptainMFP
    Options
    Got 3.1 running miles in this morning and more are to come with my first 5K on Saturday. We'll be doing turkey burgers one night this week, too. I'll post the recipe for myself and my wife (she's doing the challenge too) after we have them. Cheers!
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    3.51 miles today (if I did the elliptical conversion right).
    I can't eat my favorite burger this week unfortunately (tight budget) BUT I will post the recipe later :)
  • scantrll
    Options
    2 more miles done. I'm up to 4.25 miles outta 10.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • monoxidechick
    Options
    what great challenges!!!

Just when I was thinking that I should just skip my workout cuz its too hot, I better get out there and push those miles in!!

Im a vegetarian, so....I make an awesome bean burger, I will have to find ther recipe and post it!! My husband also makes amazing pumpkin burgers, I will have to bug him for the recipe for that as well.
  • scantrll
    Options
    Im a vegetarian, so....I make an awesome bean burger, I will have to find ther recipe and post it!! My husband also makes amazing pumpkin burgers, I will have to bug him for the recipe for that as well.

Ohhh, both of those sound amazing! Yes, please post both of those recipes on here! I'm always looking to try something new and that pumpkin burger has me very, very interested! :smile:
  • CaptainMFP
    Options
    Reporting in for both myself and my wife (anbegley) for our Cheeseburgers in...well...Hell, I guess. (We live in Reno...wouldn't call it Paradise by any stretch!) Anyway, we had turkey burgers tonight. Here's our recipe.

1 lb. extra lean ground turkey; 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil; 3 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 4 tsp minced garlic, 4 tsp minced onion all mixed together and formed into patties for grilling.

I had mine on a sandwich thin with baby romaine, avocado, tomato, homade low-salt dill pickles, Swiss cheese, and olive oil mayo.

My wife had hers on a sandwich thin with tomato, Havarti cheese, avocado, and ketchup.

Cheers!
  • CaptainMFP
    Options
    Am up to 5.2 miles for the week. I'm guaranteed 3.1 on Saturday (doing a 5K!) but I should get over 10 tomorrow since I'm planning a 5 mile run. Definitely feeling my wings this week! :laugh:
  • scantrll
    Options
    Did another 2 miles today. Up to 6.25 so far this week which is a good feeling. On the down side, it was suposed to be week 5 day 2 of the C25K program and I just couldn't finish the last run. I think its a combination of two things - the first is that I didn't drink as much water this morning as I normally do before I run, and I did a 2 mile walk yesterday on my 'off' day from c25k. I prob could have finished it but my brain just wasn't in it today. So I'll push it back till Friday.

But at least I finished out the 2 miles, even if the last .6 or so was walking instead of jogging!
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Am up to 5.2 miles for the week. I'm guaranteed 3.1 on Saturday (doing a 5K!) but I should get over 10 tomorrow since I'm planning a 5 mile run. Definitely feeling my wings this week! :laugh:

I'm doing a 5k on Saturday as well! Good luck!!
  • scantrll
    Options
    SW: 204.4
    Week 1: 204.0
    Week 2: 203.2

Total Lost: -1.2 lbs.

Not as much gone as I had hoped, but at least its going down! My burger for the week is a Tuna Burger:

Ingredients

2 (6-ounce) cans solid white tuna, drained
    1/2 cup breadcrumbs
    2 large eggs, lightly beaten
    1/2 cup finely chopped onion
    1/2 cup finely chopped celery
    1 tablespoon chopped pimento, optional
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
    1 clove garlic, minced
    1/4 teaspoon pepper
    1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine the tuna, bread crumbs, and egg, and stir lightly. Add the onion, celery, pimento (if using), lemon juice, horseradish, garlic, and pepper, and mix again. Form the mixture into 4 patties. Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook the patties, covered, until golden brown. Carefully flip the patties and cook the other side for 5 minutes. Finish baking in the oven until golden brown.

Per Serving: Calories: 200 Carbs: 8 Fat: 9 Protein: 24 Sodium: 321 Calcium: 2

I'll be eating mine on a whole wheat bun, sweet relish, and prob some dijon mustard. Yum yum good. :smile:
  • babybluz33
    Options
    Oooh I have tuna at home, I need to try this!

My favorite is a lamb burger. I'll post the recipe later!