Breastfeeding and calories

So, I'm breastfeeding and didn't see anything on here that allows you to check that (and adds in some calories for your daily consumption--yay!!) Am I missing it somewhere or should I just add some calories in and ignore it when it tells me I'm not going to lose any weight?

Replies

• alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    In your food diary u can search"breastfeeding" and there's different options there that will deduct calories
  • BobsySpud
    BobsySpud Posts: 29 Member
    Hiya - you can add 'breastfeeding' in the same way as you do food (search the database and there are various different options for breastfeeding). It adds the calorie allowance as a negative number on your food diary, thus giving you extra calories for food.
  • WarriorBabe
    WarriorBabe Posts: 2 Member
    Any advice on how much to account for a breastfeeding 18 month old? She nurses often, and I know I am making milk (I was away overnight, and pumped about 8-10 oz over 24 hours, though I don't pump during the day at work anymore). I don't want to over-account but I feel like I deserve some credit :smile:
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Any advice on how much to account for a breastfeeding 18 month old? She nurses often, and I know I am making milk (I was away overnight, and pumped about 8-10 oz over 24 hours, though I don't pump during the day at work anymore). I don't want to over-account but I feel like I deserve some credit :smile:

I believe I read that it's 20 calories for every ounce that you produce.