Fat Theory

Options
Okay I have a theory....

The first two weeks of your weight loss journey your body goes into shock it says "what the hell is this where's all my grease and sweets" and the pounds of fat that can't handle it jump ship right away! These are usually the newbies, the ones that are infants in being fat. A few weeks later the young fat pounds decide that it just isn't worth it and take off. After a few more weeks some of your more veteran fats will get tired and finally give up. They tried to fight a good fight but they underestimated you.

The ones that you really have a battle with are your oldest, more experienced fat pounds they are stubborn and have been with you for a few years. Man they will make you work hard to get rid of them. Then of course there are the king fat pounds the ones that rule all other fat pounds! There are usually only 10 to 20 of them but man....most of the time they are not going anywhere no matter how much you sweat and no matter how great you eat. They've invested many years into getting comfortable and really like where they live. They are going to fight you with everything they have. Sometimes you can get a few of them to finally give in and sometimes you just have to live with them!!

Here's to killing off as many of these stubborn SOBs as possible!!! :drinker:

Replies

• sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    Love it!!!
  • SmartFunGorgeous
    SmartFunGorgeous Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I will definitely toast to that!

And, you're a genius, btw!
  • MisterDubs303
    MisterDubs303 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    I think you are on to something there.
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Love this! Lets fight those SOB's!!!
  • jmjones66
    jmjones66 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great Theory! I Love it!!
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I actually had a talk with my body before I started changing the way I eat and exercise. I divorced my fat. I told it that it was time to pack it's stuff and go. I didn't want it here. It made me miserable and this "just wasn't working out for me". There were tears shed.... there were some days where I wanted to take it back and hug it and say that things were 'ok', but things weren't ok and we've both had to move on. My fat and I got used to each other - comfortable in our living situation. No more though.... Some days my body wants to call the fat and ask it to sleep over just to be snuggled and warm. Then when I get back to my right mind (with the help of posts like this and the success stories on this site!!!!!) my body starts coming up with all of these phantom pains and cramps in protest.... giving me excuses not to eat right and not to exercise. We all have to sit down and rehash 'the talk' again. I tell myself "I dont care if you have a cramp in your pinkie toe.... I dont care if you think your pants might rip in zumba class... I dont care if your eyes feel too itchy today - We're Freaking Going And That's Final". I've even threatned myself with a timeout in moments of weakness LOL
  • DropsOJupiter
    Options
    I am definitely on board with your theory and believe those old SOBs have loonggggg roots to firm up their hold. With patience, blood, sweat, tears and a million grumbled curse words, they are defeated! Thanks for the smile this morning!
  • binkybaby1
    binkybaby1 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Very nice! I actually had a talk with my body before I started changing the way I eat and exercise. I divorced my fat. I told it that it was time to pack it's stuff and go. I didn't want it here. It made me miserable and this "just wasn't working out for me". There were tears shed.... there were some days where I wanted to take it back and hug it and say that things were 'ok', but things weren't ok and we've both had to move on. My fat and I got used to each other - comfortable in our living situation. No more though.... Some days my body wants to call the fat and ask it to sleep over just to be snuggled and warm. Then when I get back to my right mind (with the help of posts like this and the success stories on this site!!!!!) my body starts coming up with all of these phantom pains and cramps in protest.... giving me excuses not to eat right and not to exercise. We all have to sit down and rehash 'the talk' again. I tell myself "I dont care if you have a cramp in your pinkie toe.... I dont care if you think your pants might rip in zumba class... I dont care if your eyes feel too itchy today - We're Freaking Going And That's Final". I've even threatned myself with a timeout in moments of weakness LOL

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!
  • RealMeSomeday
    Options
    OMG!!! You guys are so funny!! and in all the hilarity, is the truth. I love the analogies binky and ogothicao used. I have finished my first week with success and with you silly, healthy, peeps writing these great words, I know I have found a good home and a sound foundation to make myself healthy and happy. and one day............. the little black cocktail dress!
  • rosied915
    rosied915 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    You guys are the bestest!!
  • James_1954
    James_1954 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Binky and ogothicao -- thanks for the theories, and the laughs that came with them!

Got any more theories? I think we'd all love to read them.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Awesome theory!

I've wondered about why some fat is harder to evict than other fat. I sent them all a notice 2 years ago. The back, face, arm, and other upper body fat understood and moved out.

The belly fat fought for awhile, but most of it moved on.

Now, the ones really dragging me to court over the eviction is the thigh and butt fat. They are seriously refusing to budge. I've reduced their available living quarters, and they still won't leave. I'm hoping as more muscle moves in, the last few stubborn fat will finally be squeezed out.
  • Troy67
    Troy67 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Excellent. I agree. According to my fitness trainer here at the hospital I only need to lose 28 more pounds because my body fat % is actually good compared to my BMI. Too bad the remaining fat is all in my abdomen/spare tire region. The part I have been "building up" the longest. lol