Sick to my stomach

Options
I have been doing MFP for about 3 weeks now & have lost 6 pounds so far. (WooHoo) But, for the past week or so I have been waking up sick to my stomach & have to eat little snacks throughout the day or I feel like I'm going to vomit. (No, I'm not pregnant.) I am under my calories everyday & exercise atleast 3-4 times a week. I feel like I am pregnant with the "morning sickness" & "eat or get sick" feelings, but that is not even possible for me. Has this happened to anyone else??? Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks so much.

Replies

• sharesb
    sharesb Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are missing something in your diet. My son had very similar symptoms (he didn't feel pregnant though LOL!) but he would wake up shaky and feeling nauseous and after going to the doctors for blood work, he was low on iron and needed to eat more natural sugar as well. After giving him a multivitamin to boost his iron and incorporating more fruits into his diet, he doesn't get those symptoms any longer.
  • Lauriee2014
    Lauriee2014 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Many studies suggest the best way to eat is small meals throughout the day. If you are under your calories, you could be eating too little? Instead of 3 main meals, try eating 5-6 small meals throughout the day. If you are working out now, your body may need more/different nutrients than before.

Fresh veggies- "eat the rainbow" [diff colored veggies for antioxidants and varied nutrients], some fruit, low fat dairy, protein, etc. The "eat or feel sick" makes me think if you do the 5-6 small meals you will be ok. But if this continues, can't hurt to see your Dr.

Good luck! :)
  • TipMcE
    TipMcE Posts: 158
    Options
    I've been feeling nausea immediately after exercising (started on this road about 4 weeks ago). Not sure if I'm working too hard or what. Since I exercise a couple of hours after breakfast I wonder if it puts me into a calorie deficit and my body is reacting to that. I'm looking into pre and post work out snacks to counteract this. I'm curious to hear what others have to say.