Need Ideas!!

Options
Well, it's back to a full-time work schedule tomorrow. I'm on the road a lot for my job and my lunch breaks will be next to nothing with my busy schedule. I'm heading to the store this afternoon to stock up for lunch & snacks... does anyone have any suggestions on quick, easy, but most importantly healthy ideas??

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Carry a cooler in your car if you have to and have some leftover cold grilled chicken, some fruit, yogurt, and some raw veggies.
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Do you keep a cooler in your car? How about...

Baby carrots
    apples
    Tuna
    Whole grain crackers w/ peanut butter
    Hard boiled eggs
    Protein Bar
    Muscle Milk

Thats all that comes to mind right now - hope that helps!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Dried Edamame. Wasabi peas. Fresh veggies. Fresh fruits. Hummus and cracker duos (Sonny and Joe's). Laughing cow cheese wedges with 34-degrees crackers (http://34-degrees.com/).
  • shapoz
    shapoz Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just a suggestion, but if you are on the road a lot get a cooler, a decent sized one...that way you can pack fruits and stuff and they won't go bad while you're driving around. Light popcorn is good too. With the cooler also you could pack all the essentials to make your own lunches ie. salads or sandwiches. Also, lots of bottles of water...

Hope that helps. =)
    Good Luck!
  • diplomad
    diplomad Posts: 51
    Options
    Fat free cottage cheese is always a go to for me. Quick, good, and awesome with fruit.
  • solflyer81
    solflyer81 Posts: 119
    Options
    you can make take away containers the night before. My go to is a salad with a 5oz can of tuna on top. you can pack the salad dressing in a baggie or small container to add before u eat rather than having salad sit in dressing all night/day.

meal replacement shakes can also be made in advance.

cottage cheese/greek yogurt with fruit/nuts

boiled eggs- boil in advance and peel and have in fridge. can accompany with fresh veggies and dip and fruit.

lunch is hard for me to plan because it always depends on my mood what I m going to eat. I try to plan ahead though so i dont make bad choices. I d love some good ideas as well : )
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Greetings ! I'm a mostly non-meat eater and I pack my lunch and snacks every day - gotta be quick and easy ! Muscle Milk Light choc caramel peanut bars; Special K Choc Pretzel bars; Emerald 100 cal pack of natural almonds and walnuts; apples; boiled egg white sandwiches on wheat; reduced fat cheese sticks and slices with Triscuits; tuna with egg whites and Hellman's canola mayo - wheat bread or Triscuits; Jello sugar free pudding; nonfat greek yogurt w/ frozen berries (keep your berries in a separate container then plop in the yogurt right before eating); Dymatize 6 layer peanut butter protein bar. I keep protein bars in my desk all the time for my afternoon snack. The two I mentioned are my faves - yep, I've tried lots of them !

Yep, I eat the same things most all the time - reckon we all do ?? : )
  • kerrylou150
    Options
    Almonds. They come in many flavors and just one ounce keeps me full for 2 or 3 hours
  • SeattleGrl
    SeattleGrl Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I travel a lot for my job as well and find it's really important to always have healthy snacks with me so I don't stop for junk. Some of my favorites are:
    Beef jerky
    Grapes
    String cheese
    Pre popped 100 cal bags of popcorn
    Banana
    Almonds (trader joes has some great pre-portioned nuts)
    I try to stay away from the 100 cal packs as they're pretty much empty calories

I've found that protein keeps me full longest but I like some fruit too.
    Best of luck, it's a lot of preplanning but well worth it.
  • JanaBethSLP
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like commom sense but I never thought about a cooler. It's a great idea that I will definitely use. Thanks so much for all the food ideas! Adding several of these to my list!
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    Wow, it sounds like commom sense but I never thought about a cooler. It's a great idea that I will definitely use. Thanks so much for all the food ideas! Adding several of these to my list!

You can do it!
  • JanaBethSLP
    Options
    Dried Edamame. Wasabi peas. Fresh veggies. Fresh fruits. Hummus and cracker duos (Sonny and Joe's). Laughing cow cheese wedges with 34-degrees crackers (http://34-degrees.com/).

It's funny you say laughing cow cheese wedges with 34-degrees crackers...this duo is one of my fave snacks!
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    Forgot a new find - Kashi mocha almond TLC bar - yum !
  • Estela565
    Options
    i don t have a cooler in my car but i do pack bell peppers,nuts, apples , muscle milk and protein bars