Cold Dessert Options

Options
On these hot summer days, I used to always turn to ice cream, Popsicle, creamsicles etc for something tasty to cool me down. And once you see how many calories, fat and sugar are in a small amount of those delectable treats you start to realize where your hips have come from ;)

So I've decided to make alternative cold treats that taste just as good.

My personal fave are homemade Jello Pudding Pops. Just buy the sugar free, low fat pudding mix in any flavour you like, use skim milk to make as directed on the package and pour into any popsicle mold you have. I picked mine up at the local dollar stores.

Nutrition Facts per 1 @ 106g cup
(Keep in mind that one 106g cup can fill at least two of these popsicle molds, you can safely divide the total below)

Jell-O (Jello) - Sugar Free Low Fat Chocolate Pudding Cups
Servings:
Calories 60 Sodium 170 mg
Total Fat 2 g Potassium 0 mg
Saturated 1 g Total Carbs 16 g
Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 1 g
Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 0 g
Trans 0 g Protein 2 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Vitamin A 0% Calcium 10%
Vitamin C 0% Iron 4%

Now if this is still too much for you or you are not a creamy treat fan, I also make Crystal Lite Popsicles. a Single serving packet of any flavour drink you like, can make a good 8 plus chilly treats.

Enjoy! :)

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    YUM! Thanks! :)
  • tannyb
    tannyb Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Wow, those sound really good - can't wait to try them. Thanks!
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've tried the Crystal Lite popcicles before. The powder settles a bit as it freezes. This makes for an interesting treat when you aren't expecting it. I liked them and so did the kids, but they are a bit sour on the bottom. Still delish though, and the pudding pops sound great!