help

I feel like I could scream.
I feel I have been eating very good.
I have worked so hard to try to get my weight to move but it isnt
I started july 25 the first 2 1/2 weeks I lost 15 lbs and after that everything
has stopped. no matter how hard I push myself nothing.
So I guess Im off to workout AGAIN

Replies

• Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Work out for strength and health. Limit calories for weight. I killed myself working out every day and still *gained* weight when I was eating badly.

You're doing wonderful things for your internal organs :-D
  • tjames719
    tjames719 Posts: 136 Member
    The greatest advice I can give is dont give up...I have had the same thing happen to me. If you know you are doing everything right keep doing it...Also dont listen to the scale so much...yes I know this one is very hard to do..take your measurement I have found when the scale isnt moving the tape measure still is...best wishes
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    An exercise consult clued me in to something that has been beneficial for weight loss: Focus on cardio and break a sweat. Lately I've been hitting the treadmill for 42 minutes @ 4mph and about halfway in I'm breaking a sweat. I end up burning over 700 calories (bsaed on my age, weight, speed, incline, etc) but it's been noticeable. You can do it, don't give up!
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    You did not gain it overnight--I think you are doing fabulous! 15 pounds in 2-1/2 weeks is more than most people can do. Hang in there!
  • Don't give up! You're doing well!! -15 is great!!! Look back at some old food diaries to revisit the "good times" maybe something has changed and you just haven't noticed. When looking back you might pick up on something.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    An exercise consult clued me in to something that has been beneficial for weight loss: Focus on cardio and break a sweat. Lately I've been hitting the treadmill for 42 minutes @ 4mph and about halfway in I'm breaking a sweat. I end up burning over 700 calories (bsaed on my age, weight, speed, incline, etc) but it's been noticeable. You can do it, don't give up!

I agree with this 150%. I go to the gym on focus on that sweat! I measure my success at the gym by that sweat. So does my husband. I don't care if I have to put the treadmil at zero incline or 12 incline, 3mph or 4mph, whatever it takes to get the sweat on.
  • Don't give up!!!! Everyone hits a wall at some point and like others have said, 15lbs in 2 weeks is awesome!!!!!!! Your body is trying to figure out whats going on. Switch up your workouts, when your body gets used to doing something it doesn't have to work as hard. Drink green tea, I have been recovering from knee surgery and I have not been able to work out and have gained only 5lbs back in the month I have been on my butt. I cut out all pop/soda and drink only tea and water and 1 cup of coffee a day.

You can do this!!!! Your doing awesome!!! Again, don't give up!!