Quick question

Options
I've set myself a weight target of 215 pounds on my ticker for the 25th December, but, I weighed myself this morning, and low and behold, I'm already 1 pound to target - I now weigh 216 pounds.

My question is:
Do I now change my target for Xmas day, or do I leave it?
What would you guys do?

Ok, so I can't count, that was 2 questions, but hey, the second was part of the first 493.gif

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I've set myself a weight target of 215 pounds on my ticker for the 25th December, but, I weighed myself this morning, and low and behold, I'm already 1 pound to target - I now weigh 216 pounds.

My question is:
    Do I now change my target for Xmas day, or do I leave it?
    What would you guys do?

Ok, so I can't count, that was 2 questions, but hey, the second was part of the first 493.gif
  • weeble2008
    weeble2008 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Before all else....CONGRATS! :bigsmile:
    Personally, I would change my target for Xmas, but not too much. You've done an awesome job by meeting your target ahead of time, so don't let the excitment get you discouraged if you don't hit a new target. :flowerforyou:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    Good Job :flowerforyou: I would personally change it...but only by a couple lbs.....we've only got 3 weeks til Christmas so I would maybe put it at 210???? That's 2 lbs. per week. Or just to make sure you don't disappoint yourself but that you work hard enough to keep going make it 213....1 lb. per week. I'm not sure. For my goals I am only working on 1/2 lb per week but that is because I had hit a plateau. I finally went down a lb. today though. So it's working for me. Look at the goals and settings you have on MFP and see what it says you should be able to do in 3 weeks. Good Luck to you..keep up the good work. No matter what happens, as long as you keep trying.......you deserve a pat on the back for making it to your goal you originally set....and earlier than you expected. That's great :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

And CHANGE IT! :laugh: If I don't make a new goal the second I hit a goal early...it backfires! It gives you the feeling like you've already made it so you don't have to work as hard (at least it does for me!) So change it to a couple pounds more (since we only have 3 weeks) and go for it!
  • sarakenna1
    Options
    Well, if it were me I would enjoy my victory for a bit. I would work on maintaining my target weight through the holidays, and set a new goal for the new year!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Congrats!

And CHANGE IT! :laugh: If I don't make a new goal the second I hit a goal early...it backfires! It gives you the feeling like you've already made it so you don't have to work as hard (at least it does for me!) So change it to a couple pounds more (since we only have 3 weeks) and go for it!

Ditto
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I'm going to only change it by 3lbs, that way, I can lose a pound a week easliy without worrying. I'm looking forward to Xmas, but then I think, well, what if this what if that, (bad food wise), but it's only 1 day, and then I can get right back on track - if I lose it a little - but hopefully I'll be good - planning to by in lots of low calorie snacks :laugh:

Kellch: Well done one losing the lb, that's great, lets hope that mean the end of your plateau :drinker: