Guided or Custom?

Options
I was wondering if for your food guidelines you use the guided they give you or if you customize your own. I have been following the guided but notice almost everyday I am going over on protein and less on the carbs...should I change it or leave it?

Replies

• Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I was wondering if for your food guidelines you use the guided they give you or if you customize your own. I have been following the guided but notice almost everyday I am going over on protein and less on the carbs...should I change it or leave it?
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I use it as a guideline but I'm focusing on the calories, protein & sodium right now.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I try really hard to stay with what I'm given except for protein. For me, I don't feel like I could have 'too much.' I really try to watch the fat and carbs though! Its all what works for your body. I know that if I even look at a bagle the wrong way I can 3 pounds, so carbs are important. And fat I just shy away from in general unless is monosaturated. :bigsmile:
  • Sweettart
    Options
    I am not too worried about protein either. I do watch sodium cuz that is what makes me bloat! And I have a hard time getting veggies in a lot!
  • bricker06
    Options
    i use the guided method but i concentrate on cals, carbs, fat, and fiber
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I use guided and watch the calories. I keep on eye on carbs, protein, and fat...but I hardly ever have close to enough carbs. I watch sodium too...but only the day before a weigh-in.
  • Sweettart
    Options
    Thank you for reminding me about fiber, I just added it...totally forgot about that important one!!!!