Can I add a pre workout supplement without gaining weight?

Options
I don't want to be too obsessed with what the scale says. I want to gain muscle mass and considering adding a phd whey drink to my diet on my workout days. I obviously don't want to gain any additional weight. Is it possible to loose fat and gain muscle at the same time? Or should I loose weight and then work on gaining muscle mass?

By the way I'm 5'2" woman and current weigh 142.2lbs. I'm a UK size 10 but with flabby thighs, wobbly belly and saggy arms. I'd like to start doing some weights like body pump classes and maybe kettlebells.

Sorry if my question is a little silly, but I really appreciate your help!

Thanks,
Sugar xx

Replies

• sufikitkat
    sufikitkat Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I would do protein as a post-workout supplement to aid in muscle growth and recovery. It won't hurt your weight loss progress entirely, but you may not see progress on the scale right away. If your muscle strength and growth improves you will see a difference in your measurements and the way clothes fit. Good luck!
  • PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    From my personal experience, a pre-workout supplement does wonders, but protein isn't going to do it for you. I use a creatine supplement called Purple K. It's something that makes it so your muscles can workout longer, thus giving you a harder and longer workout. Oxygen magazine did a good article on it a couple of months ago.

The protein should be taken right after the workout to give you the protein, carbs, and calories that you need right away.
  • Sugar_Dumpling
    Sugar_Dumpling Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Fab - thanks for your advice xx