Hi I am new here and gonna need all the help i can get

Options
Started this morning jumped out of bed, went on the treadmill for 17 minutes, and will go again this evening for hopefully 20 minutes and do a little weight lifting. Just wondering food wise if this sounds good. This morning for breakfast I had a bowl of oatmeal porrige, for lunch i ate a mango, not sure about mango but made myself eat something as i was not hungry. For supper I am planning a chicken stirfry with zuchnii, broccoli, and peppers served over wild rice with a side salad, if this is all i eat i am not eating my maxium amount of calories and carbs. Is this good, this is my first time eating going on a diet just eating healthy, I have tried Atkins and it worked for me but everyone kept telling me it as not healthy, and feed back would be great.

Replies

• praire
    praire Posts: 73
    Options
    Started this morning jumped out of bed, went on the treadmill for 17 minutes, and will go again this evening for hopefully 20 minutes and do a little weight lifting. Just wondering food wise if this sounds good. This morning for breakfast I had a bowl of oatmeal porrige, for lunch i ate a mango, not sure about mango but made myself eat something as i was not hungry. For supper I am planning a chicken stirfry with zuchnii, broccoli, and peppers served over wild rice with a side salad, if this is all i eat i am not eating my maxium amount of calories and carbs. Is this good, this is my first time eating going on a diet just eating healthy, I have tried Atkins and it worked for me but everyone kept telling me it as not healthy, and feed back would be great.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    I would say that Mango is your snack. You need to eat a lunch. I love 1/2 can tuna with some grilled onions and some smart beat sprinkled with a bit of fat free cheese.
    You need to get another meal in your day.
    Welcome and good luck to you.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I agree with ICan. You need something more than just a Mango for lunch. You need to be eating as close to all your calories as possible. I used to under-eat & was not losing weight, in fact I was gaining. As soon as I upped my calories (by eating 3 or more small meals in a day rather than the 2 I was eating), started really watching what I was eating, & started doing cardio more regularly, the pounds started dropping.

Good Luck.
  • kris2600
    kris2600 Posts: 149
    Options
    I have heard that a big breakfast is the thing to do. Trying to fit at least one of each food group into your morning meal is what I heard is good for you.