Time for a little light hearted banter:

Jackie_W
Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
edited September 2022 in Chit-Chat
What does everyone want for christmas?

I want my nearest and dearest by my side, no arguments and some decent christmassy films to watch, I'd like to have a Wii Fit, but after all my family's been through of late, just my hubby and 2 lovely sons with me would make my Christmas a grand one :heart:

Now for next christmas, I'd love to be a size 10-12, and getting into that lil' black number I've always wanted - or maybe I'll be daring and opt for a bright red one - really show off my dream figure :bigsmile:
I'd still love to have my lil family round me, but who knows, by this time next year my eldest son may have settled into a relationship with a nice girl :wink:

Replies

• Jackie_W
    What does everyone want for christmas?

I want my nearest and dearest by my side, no arguments and some decent christmassy films to watch, I'd like to have a Wii Fit, but after all my family's been through of late, just my hubby and 2 lovely sons with me would make my Christmas a grand one :heart:

Now for next christmas, I'd love to be a size 10-12, and getting into that lil' black number I've always wanted - or maybe I'll be daring and opt for a bright red one - really show off my dream figure :bigsmile:
    I'd still love to have my lil family round me, but who knows, by this time next year my eldest son may have settled into a relationship with a nice girl :wink:
  • jackeh
    jackeh Posts: 1,515 Member
    For christmas I have asked for new clothes!!! since i have barely anything that fits me:laugh:
  • Jackie_W
    For christmas I have asked for new clothes!!! since i have barely anything that fits me:laugh:

Good idea, well done :drinker:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    I think we've opted for no gifts this year, but instead we're making payments on each other's debt! If we do decide on presents I'm sure we'll both end up buying each other some car parts! :laugh:

Anyone else that asks though, I've told them money for school!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    My soldier home.
    :cry:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    I'm not sure what I want for Christmas....making it through the holidays without gaining weight? :laugh:

Hoping that it doesn't snow so that we can travel from VA to Ohio the day after?

How about a HRM?
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    My soldier is home for now and I am VERY thankful. So I can relate to wanting the one you love home close for the holidays and every day after...It takes a strong woman to be a military girlfriend/wife so props to you :drinker:
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    My soldier home.

I want this for Bunny! :frown: Every time she posts about it, it breaks my heart.

Materialistic, I'd like a heart rate monitor & I asked my family for gift cards for new clothes...which means they'll get me gift cards for restaurants. :grumble:
  • jsmalla
    jsmalla Posts: 140 Member
    Here's what our family has been doing for the past couple of years.

www.adventconspiracy.org

We are not only downsizing on meals but also on all the STUFF!

Has anyone else heard of the Advent Conspiracy?
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    My soldier home.

I want this for Bunny! :frown: Every time she posts about it, it breaks my heart.

Ahhh....man... I don't want to be a downer.... and make people sad!:embarassed:

I do really love funky shoes too. :smile:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Things that fulfill my baking hobby... Cake decorating kit, books, gingerbread house stuff... I am an obsessive baker, and I love doing artsy craftsy things. :love:

And... I want my DH and my mother to bond :ohwell: They like each other okay, I think... they just have absolutely nothing in common.
  • 3babybeans
    My soldier home.

Ahhh....man... I don't want to be a downer.... and make people sad!:embarassed:

I do really love funky shoes too. :smile:

Oh, poo on that. You aren't a downer. You make me realize that even when I ***** about my dh being gone 13-15 hours a day, at least he comes home at night. *hugs*

Funky shoes are always a bonus! :bigsmile:
  • 3babybeans
    Things that fulfill my baking hobby... Cake decorating kit, books, gingerbread house stuff... I am an obsessive baker, and I love doing artsy craftsy things. :love:

A woman after my own heart. :love: I have a cookie & cupcake problem, though. I would bake & decorate cookies & cupcakes all day if it was feasible.
  • Jackie_W
    Here's what our family has been doing for the past couple of years.

www.adventconspiracy.org

We are not only downsizing on meals but also on all the STUFF!

Has anyone else heard of the Advent Conspiracy?

Yeah I've heard little about it, but I think my kids would have a heart attack if I told them we were downsizing presents :laugh: (sorry, I'm not laughing at your beliefs, just the thought of my kids reactions)
    I'm not one for religion, purely because I had a bad experience as a teenager, and I've steered clear ever since, I do believe that there is something out there, we didn't all just materialise one day.
    Everyoen has to believe in something, and I believe if it's right for you (anyone) then, that's just fine, good on you for finding it xx
    Sorry, did I rant there a bit ??? :blushing:
  • Jackie_W

A woman after my own heart. :love: I have a cookie & cupcake problem, though. I would bake & decorate cookies & cupcakes all day if it was feasible.

Oh yes, i can relate to this one, if it weren't for my working upto 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, I'd be at home baking all week :bigsmile: I love it :wink:
    Only trouble I have is, I have to try one of everything after cooking - well, ya just gotta make sure they are edible ... right ??? :blushing:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    I want a new saddle. Mine don't fit my horse right and makes him sore. But that ain't gonna happen. I guess I really don't have a list. My DH and I usually don't get each other stuff, and my mom and dad are kind of cheap and usually only spend about $20 bucks on me, which is fine, but I'm an only child. I need to be spoiled. My Grandma is getting our family a Wii. I'm kind of excited about that. I hope my kids are naughty and I get to take it away from them and keep it in my room.:laugh:
  • mbb8682
    mbb8682 Posts: 262 Member
    I would like to have enough time to go see all of our family, to lose weight and DIAMOND earrings.

And for all the familes less fortunate to have a very happy holidays.

I adopted 2 children from my town and I hope that I have given them everything that they wanted and more.
  • jsmalla
    Yeah I've heard little about it, but I think my kids would have a heart attack if I told them we were downsizing presents :laugh: (sorry, I'm not laughing at your beliefs, just the thought of my kids reactions)
    I'm not one for religion, purely because I had a bad experience as a teenager, and I've steered clear ever since, I do believe that there is something out there, we didn't all just materialise one day.
    Everyoen has to believe in something, and I believe if it's right for you (anyone) then, that's just fine, good on you for finding it xx
    Sorry, did I rant there a bit ??? :blushing:

Wow, I'm suprised you have heard of it. It began on the west coast just a couple years ago. Though it has a Christian basis, I think the concept would apply no matter what a person's beliefs were.
  • Jackie_W
    I want a new saddle. Mine don't fit my horse right and makes him sore. But that ain't gonna happen. I guess I really don't have a list. My DH and I usually don't get each other stuff, and my mom and dad are kind of cheap and usually only spend about $20 bucks on me, which is fine, but I'm an only child. I need to be spoiled. My Grandma is getting our family a Wii. I'm kind of excited about that. I hope my kids are naughty and I get to take it away from them and keep it in my room.:laugh:

Oh Anna, I'm shocked !!!! :noway:
    YOU GO GAL, we can all connect up and play the Wii together :wink:
    :laugh:
  • jsmalla
    I would like to have enough time to go see all of our family, to lose weight and DIAMOND earrings.

And for all the familes less fortunate to have a very happy holidays.

I adopted 2 children from my town and I hope that I have given them everything that they wanted and more.

What a great gift to give those two kids!! How awesome! Way to go! :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.