How did you choose your profile login name?

Options
2»

Replies

• inthequiet
    Options
    It's a song by Vedera, I was listening to it at the time I was joining mfp. And it fits because I totally lurk some posts on here, but can never bring myself to comment. I'm quite shy when it comes to certain things.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've actually used Familiar as a chat handle for years, still do, but it originally came from a mixture of a love of cats and magical things... the witch's familiar... and aspects of my mental illness that leave me feeling as if I were simply familiar and not fully recognisable as myself.
  • krazybaconlady
    Options
    its what im known as... Bacon saves lives.... really it does. its the only way to get a fat person out of a burning building and its great for suicidal folks... just the smell makes ya wanna dance tee he im retarded...
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My nickname, followed by my middle and last initials. :P
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    In college, a friend started spelling my name (Carol) with a Q. His name was Kevin, so I started spelling his name with a Q. It became this big thing in our circle of friends, and it stuck. To this day, when I get emails from that circle of friends, they address me as Qarol.
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    It came from a mangled quote from the movie "Velvet Goldmine"... which I have actually not seen to be honest, just heard the quote and thought it was lovely:
    "Make a wish, and see yourself on stage, inside out. A tangle of garlands in your hair. Of course you are pleasantly surprised."

I had this quote in my sig at another forum when I was about 15, except that I thought I was all emo and edgy and so I changed it up and insterted the word "tattered" into it so it read:
    "Make a wish, and see yourself on stage, inside out. A tattered tangle of garlands in your hair..."

Of course, I caught flack and it turned into a joke and I was the silly emo kid on the site. So they called me tattereds. And it stuck I guess *shrug*. Now I use it as a username and email address for heaps of stuff, but I am soooooooo aware of how silly it is :p lol.

edit - and in case you were wondering, the blue hair, ripped up black clothes and silly makeup are loooooooooooong gone hahahaha...
  • Deb2012
    Deb2012 Posts: 124
    Options
    Dallas is my nickname (yes, as in Debbie does), and my year of birth.
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    Guess :-) LOL
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    From my birth certificate. ;)
  • c0untingsheep
    c0untingsheep Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It's been my gamer tag since I was 14
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I got it as a nickname back in the day when I was emo.