Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 and Shred Questions

Options
Hello,

I was wondering what exactly you'd track the 24 minute work out for her DVD. That's how long her workouts are. They are short. It's a mix of ab, cardio, arobic and strenght training but is it really just 24 minutes to log in? That's like nothing..like a 100 something calories :( A half hour on my eliptical is a lot more calories than that.. Or do you think It would be more calories burned because of what you do in these workouts. I don't understand how 24 minutes a day of exercise is going to make anyone ripped in 30 days...I read on her website that the average person trying to MAINTAIN their weight should exercise about 30 mins a day, but if trying to LOSE weight then about 60 minutes a day. So this doesn't make sense... Can anyone else share their routine if they also tried these DVDs.
I also ordered the 30 day Shred... Results on either? and how did you calculate the exercise. I saw some posts of people talking about themselved doing the shred, so i researched what it was. I just did day two on RIPPED and my body is def sore everywhere something must be working ;)
I've only been on MFP for three weeks so sorry if you guys already talked about this and I'm behind :)

Replies

• athenagold
    athenagold Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm only on day two so not really much help but I log it as circuit training
  • GypsyRose25
    Options
    circuit training, general.
  • rebysue
    rebysue Posts: 136
    Options
    30 day shred is the video I used to lose all my weight and it is the one I continue to use to tone. I have an HRM and actually burn about 225 when I do the shred. I just started using Ripped and I burn about 250 per workout. Your actual burn would depend on your weight and how much effort you put into the workout. If you don't have an HRM and don't want to buy one (but I would HIGHLY recommend buying one), just log it under "circuit training, general".
  • cookie241
    cookie241 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    At the moment I log it as 30 mins under a new exercise I made but with calories taken from circuit training. I don't really eat all the exercise calories back anyway so don't worry too much about how many it says you burn. But I also run and I feel like I've worked harder doing 30 day shred than doing 30 mins of running so I think it def works. I struggle to do it everyday partly because of doing other things and partly because it makes me ache so much after two of three days I generally have to have a rest day. Although when my kids go back to school in sept I'm going to attempt to do it all five weekdays.
  • Frenshan
    Frenshan Posts: 44
    Options
    Log it as circuit training and honey trust me they DO work!! Lol, whew!! :) Just keep it up and you will be amazed.
  • 2pinks1blue
    Options
    Yep, I log it as circuit training as well.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Well I dont know about Ripped much...i do have pals that kills it..so I think it does work...I completed 6w/6pack yesterday and honey its just as short and worked perfectly for me...You can check out my progress on the message board...Go for it..everyone body is different exercising with less time is just as effective as hr workouts I think..