Jillian Michaels 30 day shred and Ripped in 30 Questions

Options
Hello,

I was wondering what exactly you'd track the 24 minute work out for her DVD. That's how long her workouts are. They are short. It's a mix of ab, cardio, arobic and strenght training but is it really just 24 minutes to log in? That's like nothing..like a 100 something calories :( A half hour on my eliptical is a lot more calories than that.. Or do you think It would be more calories burned because of what you do in these workouts. I don't understand how 24 minutes a day of exercise is going to make anyone ripped in 30 days...I read on her website that the average person trying to MAINTAIN their weight should exercise about 30 mins a day, but if trying to LOSE weight then about 60 minutes a day. So this doesn't make sense... Can anyone else share their routine if they also tried these DVDs.
I also ordered the 30 day Shred... Results on either? and how did you calculate the exercise. I saw some posts of people talking about themselved doing the shred, so i researched what it was. I just did day two on RIPPED and my body is def sore everywhere something must be working ;)
I've only been on MFP for three weeks so sorry if you guys already talked about this and I'm behind :)

Replies

• brittanyjeanxo
    brittanyjeanxo Posts: 1,831 Member
    Options
    Hahaha, try logging 'circuit training, general' under cardio. Trust, it burns a lot of calories ;)
  • malmustafa79
    malmustafa79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Before I got a HRM I logged it as circuit training, Im also in day 2 of Ripped in 30 days, Hope that helps.
  • Ellem86
    Ellem86 Posts: 204
    Options
    I'm 5 ft 3.5 and 139lbs, I burn 178 cals in the 24 minutes according to my hrm.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    awesome videos...yea i kinda feel that i am cheating when i only do a 20 minute workout but i was wet with sweat when i finished that one!
  • Shyloh1
    Shyloh1 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I have Ripped in 30 and I'm pretty sweaty after doing that workout...I burned about 180 calories doing that workout alone. I usually pair it up with my elliptical.

I have Ripped in 30...but haven't done that one in awhile.

I have Banish Fat,Boost Metabolism which is circuit training cardio...that one has me dripping with sweat. I burn on average...about 350 calories/workout.

Love her workouts!
  • lpavelich
    Options
    I logged it and in the 30 minutes I logged 350 for it.