what am I doing in this body?!

modernfemme
modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
I've known for a few years I was getting a bit fat. I've become a little insecure, and would start dieting/exercising programs, and then after a week, go back to my usual ways.

I recently got married, and the fact my husband found me attractive still did not make me really want to lose weight.

Then it happened. Right after Thanksgiving (2008), with a full belly and bloated with PMS, I tipped the scale at 177!

When I got home, I accidently found a photo of myself when I was 19 - which was only 6 years ago - and I looked fantastic. Granted, I was only 125 pounds then. But I just kept thinking... what am I doing in this body?! This isn't who I am!

So, that's what inspired me to start calculating my calories, and I stumbled on this site. I think this is just want I need to keep motivated.

It's great to become a part of such a supportive community.

Replies

• modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    I've known for a few years I was getting a bit fat. I've become a little insecure, and would start dieting/exercising programs, and then after a week, go back to my usual ways.

I recently got married, and the fact my husband found me attractive still did not make me really want to lose weight.

Then it happened. Right after Thanksgiving (2008), with a full belly and bloated with PMS, I tipped the scale at 177!

When I got home, I accidently found a photo of myself when I was 19 - which was only 6 years ago - and I looked fantastic. Granted, I was only 125 pounds then. But I just kept thinking... what am I doing in this body?! This isn't who I am!

So, that's what inspired me to start calculating my calories, and I stumbled on this site. I think this is just want I need to keep motivated.

It's great to become a part of such a supportive community.
  • Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Welcome, and good luck, we're all here to help each other in our journey to a slimmer body.
    :flowerforyou:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    I had a similar experience last Christmas. I was weighing my suitcase to fly back to Colorado by holding the suitcase and weighing myself, then subtracting my weight. I WAS 175!!!! I was in shock. I'd always been 150, which is a little overweight for my height, but I thought it was okay. Enough was enough. I've struggled even more this year than I usually do, trying to lose even more than I'd ever had to deal with before. I was trying diet pills and crazy stuff, but nothing worked for long. Then a month ago I found this site, and I'm already losing the pounds, slowly but steadily. Yay! :smile:

Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,958 Member
    Welcome to MFP. By joining, you're on your way to a new, healthier lifestyle. So glad you joined!
This discussion has been closed.