Getting in shape for my wedding

Options
Hello! I'm new to the website. I'm trying to lose at least 30 pounds before my wedding in August. I like the website and it seems easy to log foods and exercises.

One question though...should I eat the calories that I burn from exercising or will that just slow down the weight loss??

Replies

• mags06
    mags06 Posts: 29
    Options
    Hello! I'm new to the website. I'm trying to lose at least 30 pounds before my wedding in August. I like the website and it seems easy to log foods and exercises.

One question though...should I eat the calories that I burn from exercising or will that just slow down the weight loss??
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Welcome and YES! Eat those calories you earn!!! If you don't your body will go into starvation mode and you will stop losing!

Congrats on the up-coming wedding!
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Eat em.
  • mags06
    mags06 Posts: 29
    Options
    What type of exercise are you doing to lose weight? I have started walking/jogging for about 50-60 minutes this week, today will be my fourth day to do that.

I see you have lost about 10 pounds. Congrats!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    What type of exercise are you doing to lose weight? I have started walking/jogging for about 50-60 minutes this week, today will be my fourth day to do that.

I see you have lost about 10 pounds. Congrats!

Congrats on your engagement and upcoming wedding. As the other ladies have said, "EAT 'EM". You're getting some wonderful exercise. Keep up the hard work. Personally I hit the gym on my lunch hour for about 25 mins of cardio then do 30 Day Shred. I've not been feeling well the past several days so I've not been working out. Will more than likely be back to square one for me when I get back to feeling well.

Stay strong and post often! MFP members are a wonderful group of people. You won't find more supportive friends.
  • aboehne
    Options
    Hey Mags! Congrats on your engagement and wedding. I AM IN THE SAME BOAT AS YOU!!! I am hoping to drop 30 pounds for my wedding in August as well!! Best of luck to you and hopefully I can keep up with you!!