Help!!

So I see some people add cleaning to there exercise log. Does everyone do that?! Or no. I'm going to help a friend paint tonight do I add that into my exercise log or no?! Help please!!

Replies

• silkysly
    silkysly Posts: 701 Member
    I don't..., just the actual exercise. If I burn a few calories doing housework, it's a bonus.
  • teacherspet1
    teacherspet1 Posts: 142 Member
    Well i count the ironing cos' it burns off some mean calories...........almost as good as a workout and you dont do it everyday!! Good luck with your decorating matey.....
  • Sometimes if it's above and beyond and it takes the place of my normal exercise routine. Things like cleaning out the barn or spending the entire day cleaning top to bottom the basement, then I'll add cleaning, but not normal duties like dishes or sweeping.
  • SLE0803
    SLE0803 Posts: 145 Member
    I do if it is more than 20 mins worth. It is just a matter of preference. I have a sedentary lifestyle so if I am busting my butt cleaning then it is worth it to me to log it. I do try to underestimate though. For example, if I clean hard core for 2 hours, I will put it at 1 hour at light effort.
  • coronalime
    coronalime Posts: 583 Member
    never. Especially when eating back workout calories
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Never. I don't do any more cleaning now than I did while I was GAINING the weight.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    I wouldn't count anything that doesn't make you sweat for an extended period.