what does NVS stand for???

msage38
msage38 Posts: 8 Member
I am new and reading all of your awesome success stories and am clueless to what NVS stand for. Any help?! And CONGRATULATIONS everyone!

Replies

• DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Non-Scale Victory.

:)
  • bearsfan68
    bearsfan68 Posts: 85 Member
    NSV means non scale victory....such as fitting into clothing you couldn't have before or somone notices your weight loss...it could be anything.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    I am new and reading all of your awesome success stories and am clueless to what NVS stand for. Any help?! And CONGRATULATIONS everyone!
    It's ancient Greek, loosely translated as Non-Vital Signs. See, back in the day before electricity, medicine was not as modern as it is now, and they used to write NVS whenever they would hook up someone to a machine, only to realize they didn't have electricity to do so. This could partly be attributed to...

...hm?

...apparently I don't have my information correct. Please disregard.
  • I am new and reading all of your awesome success stories and am clueless to what NVS stand for. Any help?! And CONGRATULATIONS everyone!
    It's ancient Greek, loosely translated as Non-Vital Signs. See, back in the day before electricity, medicine was not as modern as it is now, and they used to write NVS whenever they would hook up someone to a machine, only to realize they didn't have electricity to do so. This could partly be attributed to...

...hm?

...apparently I don't have my information correct. Please disregard.

...Bahahah. Witty. :)
  • escadachic
    escadachic Posts: 395 Member
    msage38 - Thanks for asking that question! I've been wondering what that phrase meant too! :happy:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!