The Ol' College Try: CLOSED

Options

Replies

• FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    How's everyone doing? I think about half of our group is already back to school and settling in?
  • jeniineko
    Options
    I've been at school the last two weeks. I'm finally done with second year RA training, now everyone is swarming campus and its going to be chaos. X__X

But starting monday there'll be more order and sanity to my life. So, I need that! Can't wait for classes to start!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Started one of my class readings tonight, official start of classes is Monday. Excited about starting this last year and still dreading it all at the same time...
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Ok, I have a tougher mini challenge now. If you have not done so, make yourself a study schedule and find 3 places to fit in exercise comfortably.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Challenge Complete (even made it in a word document because i'm a geek like that) I'm glad i don't have a full time job so I have some chunks of time i can fit it in too.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Challenge Complete (even made it in a word document because i'm a geek like that) I'm glad i don't have a full time job so I have some chunks of time i can fit it in too.

Awesome. I did mine on google calendar!
  • wallspoon
    wallspoon Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to make this study schedule but I don't know if I should count my walk to and from school as exercise? It's only half an hour a day. Aside from that, I've made mine!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I'm trying to make this study schedule but I don't know if I should count my walk to and from school as exercise? It's only half an hour a day. Aside from that, I've made mine!

I would, i mean if you would count walking on a treadmill for 30 minutes a day. (My school is an hours drive away so that isn't an option) I wouldn't count running the steps to do laundry or walking in your kitchen to make dinner but everyone has their own method.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options

Only if it's a power walk ;) Do what YOU think is exercise. If walking 30 minutes a day isn't something you've been doing regularly outside of the gym, I think it's perfectly acceptable to count it. Maybe get a set of ankle weights to add resistance?
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    My exercise times are early am before I start my day! That way school or any other excuse I think of won't get in the way. I start school tomorrow. I'm hoping this week goes smoothly.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    My exercise times are early am before I start my day! That way school or any other excuse I think of won't get in the way. I start school tomorrow. I'm hoping this week goes smoothly.

Good luck with your first day of school!
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    So, last night I looked at my school's recreation center group exercise calendar, and I added every possible class I might be interested in taking to my own google calendar. The options I'm interested in are an ab class, a bodypump class, yoga, pilates, spinning, and a fullbody workout type thing. I figure I can just look at the calendar, and decide what I'm in the mood for or I can just stick with they gym time I already have built into my study schedule.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I have another mini challenge for the rest of the week for everyone (since this challenge isn't official until September):

When you're at school, take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator. "I already do that!" you say. Well, go up and down them twice then ;)

"I take all of my classes on the first floor," you say. Well, try powerwalking to class then. If you already do THAT, take a longer route and power walk to class.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    So, last night I looked at my school's recreation center group exercise calendar, and I added every possible class I might be interested in taking to my own google calendar. The options I'm interested in are an ab class, a bodypump class, yoga, pilates, spinning, and a fullbody workout type thing. I figure I can just look at the calendar, and decide what I'm in the mood for or I can just stick with they gym time I already have built into my study schedule.

This is a great idea, i hadn't thought about doing this on my schedule until you mentioned it!
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    I have another mini challenge for the rest of the week for everyone (since this challenge isn't official until September):

When you're at school, take the stairs instead of an elevator or escalator. "I already do that!" you say. Well, go up and down them twice then ;)

"I take all of my classes on the first floor," you say. Well, try powerwalking to class then. If you already do THAT, take a longer route and power walk to class.

I power walk 30 minutes (15 across campus to school and 15 back) and then take the stars in the parking garage and the school building. Since it's fall it'll be easier not to sweat and won't go in smelling like a wild animal to my night class. lol
  • meliturtlee
    Options
    I'll park farther away so i get more walking in. Plus im not an aggressive parker so I usually don't get good parking spots. Although it's nearing fall, in SoCal, the weather stays warm, so I might end up a sweaty little piggy by the time I arrive! As far as walking up the stairs 2x, do you mean 1 way there and then the way back? Otherwise I'll just look really silly going up and down and up and down. I'm excited about this semester. Ladies good luck!!
  • jeniineko
    Options
    I wish my school would update their fitness class times. They have them listed, but, I believe they're from last year still since I know some of the instructors graduated and the times haven't changed. The only one I see currently posted on campus is Zumba which is in the middle of one of my labs... =/

However, since my roommate has class at 7:45, and I don't start until 9:45 pretty much everyday except Tuesday. I'm going to wake up early and go to the gym then.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I'll park farther away so i get more walking in. Plus im not an aggressive parker so I usually don't get good parking spots. Although it's nearing fall, in SoCal, the weather stays warm, so I might end up a sweaty little piggy by the time I arrive! As far as walking up the stairs 2x, do you mean 1 way there and then the way back? Otherwise I'll just look really silly going up and down and up and down. I'm excited about this semester. Ladies good luck!!

I just meant if you already take the stairs, you could potentially go up and down then back up to add a little more exercise (unless you're walking with classmates and will feel silly or something).
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Ok, so since I'm not at school yet, instead of taking the bus today to go to the coffee shop that is about 3/4 of a mile from my house, I walked there and walked back.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    Ok, so since I'm not at school yet, instead of taking the bus today to go to the coffee shop that is about 3/4 of a mile from my house, I walked there and walked back.

great choice! I think my ankle/foot is finally recovered (3 days no meds) so I'm going to try the gym and do a small run to test it out. This week while I haven't been at the gym i'm doing a lot more walking around instead of staying home. It's been so nice to make these changes and be more active. I realize how lazy I was before and don't ever want to go back to that!