Anyone on a 1,200 calorie intake per day?

Options
2»

Replies

• AmyMW7
    AmyMW7 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    After 10 months, i just switched things up a bit by eating 5 healthy, balanced meals a day.

meal 1 - two egg whites on toast
    meal 2 - banana and greek yogurt
    meal 3 - tuna fish sandwich with extra veggies on it
    meal 4 - cheese and fruit
    meal 5 - baked potato with sour cream and turkey bacon on top. lots of vegies on the side

since doing this, i've been more satisfied and less hungry than i've been in months.
    My meals are about the same every day. dinner is often a chicken salad or chicken with fruit and vegetables.
  • LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    Im on 1200 cals a day. Sometimes I struggle because Im hungry and other days Im struggling to eat all the food! LOL
  • JENROMERO
    JENROMERO Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    The office brought in lunch today, so it was Jimmy John's. But I was good...I got an Unwich 385 cals. #13 The Beach
  • KWNurse
    KWNurse Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Today I ate an apple and yogurt with my morning coffee (sugare free hazelnut creamer added), then a turkey burger on a whole wear bun with BBQ sauce and Lipton crunchy onions for lunch. For dinner I had a 5oz grilled chicken breast marinated in wishbone bruschetta Italian dressing and grilled zucchini and roasted tomatoes. My snack was a cheese and pepperoni stick (200 cal).
  • hgaspard83
    hgaspard83 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yup 1200 a day for me. It encourages me to workout more that way I can eat more :D. I am also learning to incorporate a lot more fruits and veggies. Besides being healthier, they are so low cal! For lunch I had 2 oz of turkey breast, 1/4 cup corn, and 1/2 red skin mashed potatoes with fat-free sour cream and fat free shredded cheddar cheese. For dinner I had a yummy vegetarian taco salad: romaine lettuce, salsa, sour cream, pinto beans, taco seasoning, and cheese. Yum! I also had snacks. I love snacks. I use a couple of different websites to get meal plans because I have a hard time coming up with ideas too. Eventually I might not need to do that, but for now it is working lovely.

What are the websites for the meal plans ???
  • Becca224
    Becca224 Posts: 36
    Options
    I used to be on 1200 a day but have since increased because I was always so hungry during the day. However I got by on eating stir fry's for dinner. They always filled me up and kept me full for ages.

Add lots of vegetables, a little bit of chicken or meat, and some sort of sauce like Soy sauce or teriyaki (a Mongolian, black bean or satay are also really nice as well), then add in noodles or put over cooked rice. Usually I found my stir fry's were between 400-500 cal a meal depending on how much I ate (and what noodles/rice I used). Noodles are a lil lower in calories but I use basmati rice which is high in calories than others. I also eat rather large portions at times, about 1/4 of the recipe, but when I eat 1/5 of the recipe I can sometimes get the calories to below 400. I love stir fry's as well because they can easily be changed for different flavour based on the vegies, meat and sauce you use, plus they are also super tasty and packed full of nutrition. You don't even need to add any meat either, it tastes good without but me I just love my meat too much :).

My fav vegetables for a stir fry are broccoli flower heads, sweet corn, snow peas, capsicum, carrot (I like to shred mine), and an onion. Bok Choy and celery (if using meat) is also nice to add to. But you can pretty much add anything. A little salt or pepper is sometimes needed as well. But overall it's a great meal. And if you have leftovers they are great to freeze and then eat reheated!
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    This week I am doing :
    Breakfast: Smoothie made with almond milk, advanced whey protein, two fruits=370-390 cal
    Lunch: Salad with 2 tsp dressing, lara or luna bar=300-350 cal
    Dinner: Morning star griller with lettuce , tomato and onion , mayo(200 cal)
    Snacks: wheat crackers 140 cal and or small fresh peaches 45 cal each
  • mbaugham
    mbaugham Posts: 70
    Options
    I am on 1200 calories intake per day as well. I love the fact that if I workout more there is an opportunity for me to eat a little bit more that day (especially when I know that there is a big event). I am learning to incorporate a lot more fruits and veggies. Besides being healthier, they are so low cal! Since I love my bread and pasta (and that does not help me lose the weight), Io decided to cut back on my carb intake (especially with bread and pasta). I do not have it every day, and I noticed that I am starting to lose the weight.

Normally in the morning I have an Atkins shake with a piece of fruit, for snack I have a piece of fruit or a snack bar, lunch varies. Sometimes I have turkey with no bread, 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, and a cheese stick. Then I have another afternoon snack that consists of fruit. For dinner, I make sure that I am having chicken or fish (and I am eating dinner by 6pm). This way, once I am done with dinner, I am able to go for a nice long walk. However, today I did have a lean pocket for lunch with an apple.
  • jynnantonnyk
    jynnantonnyk Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - Shredded Wheat and semi skimmed milk

Lunch - Bit of a weird combo. One slice toasted Kingsmill 50/50 with one boiled egg. With a small jacket potato and scoop of tuna mayo.

Dinner - Mashed sweet potato with an oven baked salmon fillet, with a chilli cube on top.

I was working out after lunch so made sure I added in some extra calories to keep me going through dinner.
  • anastasiab1621
    anastasiab1621 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm not on 1200, but for some reason I ate 1200 on monday...

Meal 1
    Lite Cheddar Cheese, 50 g
    Baby Spinach Leaves, 2 cup
    Chicken Thigh 300gm
    547cals

Meal 2
    Barambah Organics Yoghurt 250gm
    Protein Powder 20gm
    258 cals

Meal 3
    Broccoli Raw 255 g
    Oil - Olive, 1 tsp 40
    Top Side Beef, 250 g
    430 cals
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    Salad with 6 oz of diced chicken on it. I eat low carb too so no breads. Just veggies and meat.