What "bad" foods do you refuse to give up?

Options
13»

Replies

• shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Oh man, there are so many. I have learned the hard way that by cutting things I love out all together is a sure fire way to diet failure. In the past if it didn't fit the diet plan I was on or just didn't fit the mind set of what I thought of as healthy I tried to avoid it at all cost, by the time I went of the diet I was chowing down on the stuff I missed so much, I can only imagine how fast I put back on the 15 pounds I had lost (not to mention the extra 10). That why I love this site and the simple method used to count calories. I fit something special in almost every day. I make sure I eat healthy enough throughout the rest of the day to make up for it but I almost always have something special for dessert (like my choco taco tonight) or something a little sinful during the day like that two cheeseburger meal you mention, although my poison is the McDouble. It has taken a few years but I am finally getting that everything in moderation doesn't mean small amounts of bad food all day every day, but that you can still enjoy some of the things that I have spent the last 15 years either eating all the time or not at all once and a while.
  • aethompson5507
    aethompson5507 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    well i dont give up anything i just don't like it anymore....but Alcohol, i love to gets my drink on :drinker:

i couldnt have said it better myself! things that i used to LOVE, i no longer care for. ...but alcohol, that could be a weakness! i dont drink a lot, but when i do, id like to not think about the calories and just enjoy.
  • shabydonner
    shabydonner Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Gold fish! :p (Extra cheesy/ extra cheesy & pretzel one) omg. so good lol!

And if your trying to cut back on those two mcdonalds cheeburgers you should watch movies about whats in their food or watch super size me or something. I use to LOVE McDonalds but now, I feel like throwing up thinking about it!

I watched Supersize Me and it just made me want a Filet-o-Fish.

Fat Head is a good counter to that. I believe that nothing that I eat is really that bad if I'm not exceeding calories.

Oh too funny, My English teacher in college made us watch Super Size Me one night, at this moment I can't remember what the point was. I just sat there the whole time, as the fattest girl in the room, on one hand embarrassed, and on the other hand hungry :) But seriously, I wanted to say, oh come on, I'm the biggest person in here and even I would never eat from McDonalds three meals a day. How stupid. Even when I'm not trying to eat healthy I would typically get a Mcdouble, Apple Dippers (best thing they ever added :) and a sweet tea. Now yes, the sweet tea is off limits for the most part now (still grab a sip here and there when I can) but I still get the occasional Mcdouble and I do the apple dippers alllll the time. I really don't think most people are overweight because they eat fast food day in day out and nothing else. Its a major player but not the only one.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I thought about this today while I ate a McDonald's two cheeseburger meal...

There are many foods I try to avoid now that I'm counting calories, but there are certain things I will work into my diet anyway because I just love it so much.

What are your guilty pleasure foods that you find a way to eat even while trying to lose weight?
    I eat Mcdonald's cheeseburgers at least once a week. It's about moderation. A McDonald's cheeseburger is 300 calories. Most lunches are 1.5 times that.
  • chezmama
    chezmama Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything!!

I work it off, or enjoy a smaller portion. I couldn't possibly keep up anything forever if it meant I couldn't eat what I enjoy.

THIS!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    i'm trying to just say no to all bad foods but i'd have to say chocolate is the one food i cannot live without!

choose dark chocolate. you will get used to the taste.
  • sqtolliver
    Options
    I refuse to give up anything!!

I work it off, or enjoy a smaller portion. I couldn't possibly keep up anything forever if it meant I couldn't eat what I enjoy.

OMG. THIS!!!!!
  • babyblake11
    babyblake11 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    to me, i havnt 'given up' anything. i have 'gotten rid' of the bad foods in my diet and i now live a healthy lifestyle and its totally worth it. whats not worth it is eating those foods.
  • dustyhockeymom
    dustyhockeymom Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I will never give up eating the skin on roasted chicken. But really I haven't given up anything, I just make sure to eat a smaller portion or make sure I can fit it into my calories. The main difference is that food like that are splurges and occasional indulgences, not regular choices.
  • tatesmom
    tatesmom Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have not given up anything either, I just have learned to eat less of the "bad" stuff!! And actually, the longer I go without the "bad" foods, the less tasty it is to me!! My husband was wanting a Blizzard from Dairy Queen last night and it did sound good, so I ordered a small instead of a medium (which I always ordered last summer)!!! And in all seriousness, it was just ok for me!! I just did not have the taste for it anymore!!
  • Nolynoelia20
    Options
    brownie sundae.. i just had one yesterday DELISH!!! ALL in moderation tho lol
  • tikkamasala
    tikkamasala Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    wine and beer!
  • teacher34
    teacher34 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've cut way back on all of them, but haven't really "given up" on any. I'm just using common sense now.