Cheesy tots on Chilli Fries?! WTF?

Options
k2d4p
k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
I just watched a commercial and I think I am about to throw up. I am one of those weirdos who gets some enjoyment out of good comercials, but this actually stopped me as I was walking through my living room. It was for Sonic Drive-in. I gues now they are saying that you can basically order anything that they serve anyway you want it. Then, they showed their selection of burgers and how you can order whatever you want on them as well. I'm sorry, this is just gross. I get that it's fast food and people will eat what they want. But, this is unhealthy to the point of being extremely unappetizing. Its seems to be advertizing that they can take fattening to the extreme. Does this appeal to anyone? Even those not eating healthy?

Has anyone seen this commercial? What do you guys think?

Replies

• jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    Options
    I guess it doesn't bother me that bad -- I know I won't be doing any insane eating in the future anyway! Ultimately, Sonic is doing what is best for Sonic -- giving their customers what they want. Good business move, I suppose. Come to think of it...this has gotta be amazing for pregnant women and their cravings! =D
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So that's chili cheese tots mixed with chili fries? That's a little much. I do like chili cheese tots which I actually just had the other day, but Sonic is not something I eat often at all. It's like the worst fast food you can consume period.

I forget what burger place it was, Burger King I think, that had a burger a while ago that was like meat and bacon and more meat and more bacon, and....well you get the point. It was literally like a wall of meat....they boasted about how there wasn't even any lettuce or tomato on it or anything because it would leave less room for meat and bacon, ew.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Sonic caters to the younger crowd. Most teenagers can eat that way and not have a problem. That is not a place for adults to eat.
  • MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    did you see the new denny's Midwestern sandwich :noway:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    So that's chili cheese tots mixed with chili fries? That's a little much. I do like chili cheese tots which I actually just had the other day, but Sonic is not something I eat often at all. It's like the worst fast food you can consume period.

I forget what burger place it was, Burger King I think, that had a burger a while ago that was like meat and bacon and more meat and more bacon, and....well you get the point. It was literally like a wall of meat....they boasted about how there wasn't even any lettuce or tomato on it or anything because it would leave less room for meat and bacon, ew.

I believe what you're talking about is a QUAD stacker. Four burger patties, three pieces of cheese, a layer of bacon, and a nasty zesty sauce. It's the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I work at BK, and I cringe whenever someone gets one. Most of my coworkers agree it's disgusting too.
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Sonic caters to the younger crowd. Most teenagers can eat that way and not have a problem. That is not a place for adults to eat.

If this was true then childhood obesity numbers would not be skyrocketing. Nobody should eat this way, All we can do it not buy stuff there to fight back. Maybe eventually these fat catering businesses will start to be replaced by more healthy options.
  • TheJesterKing
    Options
    'Merika For the Win.
  • bobbybdoe
    bobbybdoe Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'd love to try it actually. Funny commercial, and the food there doesn't look half bad. I've only been there once before, because they don't have a Sonic down here in SFL (aside from the one 3 hours from me in Orlando).
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about Dunkin' Donuts Big N’ Toasty Breakfast Sandwich. Here's what the website has to say about it. Start your big day with 2 fried eggs, 4 slices of Cherrywood smoked bacon and American cheese on thick Texas Toast. Pair it with our oven-toasted hash browns and a hot coffee for a hearty, home-style breakfast that will keep you running.

*projectile vomiting*
  • ladycomix
    ladycomix Posts: 104
    Options
    I feel the same way about Dunkin' Donuts Big N’ Toasty Breakfast Sandwich. Here's what the website has to say about it. Start your big day with 2 fried eggs, 4 slices of Cherrywood smoked bacon and American cheese on thick Texas Toast. Pair it with our oven-toasted hash browns and a hot coffee for a hearty, home-style breakfast that will keep you running.

*projectile vomiting*

that description made me queasy!! I can barely eat before 10 am (I have to force myself to ingest something other than coffee that early)

ewwwieeeee
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Haha! I think that commercial is hilarious... they play it often and we don't have a sonic anywhere near here! (I don't think there is one in my entire state). Anyone else find it extremely creepy and odd that he happens to have has a rope readily available in his car...?
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Haha! I think that commercial is hilarious... they play it often and we don't have a sonic anywhere near here! (I don't think there is one in my entire state). Anyone else find it extremely creepy and odd that he happens to have has a rope readily available in his car...?

I have a feeling you'll have a Sonic near you soon. They played Sonic commercials in MN for a couple years without us having one, then they opened a few in the cities and the lines were blocks down the street! They are really good at getting people excited.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I live where Sonic is a staple. There's one near by. I haven't decided who has the "worst for you" fast food, Sonic or Dairy Queen (which is also nearby). Both their online menus certainly make you cringe when you see the calorie count.

I do love Sonic commercials (I appreciate an entertaining commercial). Back when Sonic was running a series with these two dorky guys, my best friend and I laughed because we kind of act like those dorky guys, except we didn't eat at Sonic and we're female.

Now that I eat a lot healthier, it surprises me how many food commercials are not appetizing. I always think, "who actually thinks that tastes good?". At one time, the answer was "me!". :laugh:
  • kieva697
    Options
    I'm getting cheesy tots on my chilli fries right NOW!! MMM MMMM!!!
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    The US government wants you to be fat and a slave and not know how to cook so when the collapse comes no one will know what to do.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty. Would probably give it a go.

But I'm pretty tons of places that my m build my own stuff the way I eat it. But hey, personal choice is bad I guess. The only options should be boiled chicken and broccoli, this was no one will be allowed to choose foods you don't approve of.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Add bacon and I am in heaven... wait... what was the question again?
    Also food doesn't make me angry, that is wasted emotion. :flowerforyou:
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    The US government wants you to be fat and a slave and not know how to cook so when the collapse comes no one will know what to do.

Umm....whut?
  • slim4health56
    slim4health56 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Well, the flip side of being able to order it your way - any way - is you can make healthy choices (but I get your drift).
  • Wildflower0106
    Wildflower0106 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    I would order the tots on chilli cheese fries... sounds delicious!

Moderation...