Marinade for Chicken Breast

Options
Rae9911
Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
I know I need to eat more chicken as it is healthier than red meat but I just cannot stand eating plain chicken breast no matter if its with veg, rice or even with gravy on as I just find it so boring and tasteless.

I was thinking of perhaps trying marinades on them, does anyone have any ideas?

All suggestions greatly appreciated. :smile:

Replies

• Suzay
    Suzay Posts: 60
    Options
    Coat it in olive oil or a cooking spray and pinch spices on it then grill it. I do this every single day for my lunch and dinner, you can do it with fish too.
  • rfcollins33
    Options
    Italian dressing. I also like to slit them, put in ham or prosciutto and cheese (mozzarella, Swiss, provolone, etc..) and put sliced tomatoes on top and bake. I usually put Italian dressing in pan or dish with them to cook in. You can try jerk sauce if you like a spicy/sweet island taste.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/food-nutrition/healthy-eating/5-healthy-chicken-marinade-ideas.htm

That site has 5 healthy marinades
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    I second the olive oil idea. I got olive oils that are infused with different flavors (right now I'm using habanero pepper olive oil) which adds some different tastes to the chicken. It doesn't sound like much, but it definitely changes the plain chicken up enough to eat 5 times a week!
  • balancebean
    balancebean Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love these marinades for chicken:
    1. Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade
    2. Kikkoman Lite Soy Sauce, garlic, touch if sesame oil, dry cooking sherry, scallions, and ginger, Truvia
    3. A touch of olive oil, vinegar, italian seasoning
  • JoelleMonique
    Options
    low fat plain yogurt, 1 tsp curry powder, 1 tbsp lite fruit chutney, salt and pepper to taste. Marinade chicken for at least 30min. Grilled. YUMMY
  • lulabellarama
    lulabellarama Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    tried this recipe on saturday and everyone LOVED it

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grilled-Jerk-Chicken-106516
  • Rae9911
    Options
    Thank you all I will give them all a try.
  • CARNAT22
    CARNAT22 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are UK based but M&S do a wonderful range (Their 'Cook Range') and they do chicken breasts in various marinades.

I've had the spicy Paprika, the Honey & Mustard and the Garlic one - They are sometimes on offer 2 for £6.

You actually cook them in the tray they come in.

Normally I would say marinade your own chicken breast but these ones are all between 160 - 180 cals and they are already marinated!!
  • sgrinavi
    sgrinavi Posts: 80
    Options
    I've been on a sesame ginger kick lately using Newmans low fat sesame ginger salad dressing.... I like to buy in bulk portion out the meat in bags, add marinade and freeze. When you thaw the meat it is marinated and ready to go :-)
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Not strictly a marinade but I love smokey bbq sauce and a little bit of melted cheese on my chicken breast.
  • Rae9911
    Options
    Thanks am in the UK will pop into M&S and have a look.
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I use a tiny bit of oil, lemon juice, fresh garlic, and pepper. I leave them in it over night and then I grill them. Sometimes I grill them in foil to keep them very moist. I also use this meat for fajita's.