30day shred 15aug!

Options
2»

Replies

• brinsy
    brinsy Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Today was my day 5. I am doing it every other day with running/jogging. I haven't seen any real difference yet with inches or weight loss but I can do 10 girl push ups in a row now! I still feel like OMG 20 minutes feels like an eternity, I am using 3 lb weights for most things and 6 lbs for chest press but I drop down to 1 lbs weights for the lateral shoulder raises with side lunges. Those kill me.
    im walking as well. im feeling it in legs and arms. my belly hasnt dissapeared yet thought (Day3 lol i want miracles!) still cant cope with the push ups either iv obvioulsy no upper body strength! i hope 30DS helps
  • Nisa2011
    Nisa2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 4 today and I feel great! I feel really motivated especially after reading all the success stories and seeing the pics of the other members!
    I"m thinking of adding a Zumba dvd in as well because my energy level is so high when I'm done this workout.
  • HelenLRoss
    Options
    I started last Thursday after doing a couple of sessions of level 1 as a taster 3 weeks ago. I only did 5 days of Level 1 and moved on to level 2 as i felt after 5 days i was finding it a bit easy. However the first few days I really couldnt move at all. Level 2 is a nightmare though cant see that getting any easier i am on day 2 of level 2 and its killing!!
    im like that with level1 the stairs are killing me im so sore! il never cope with level2 let alone level3 :(

I was the same the first few days of level 1 couldnt move. Then on day 5 it seemed a lot easier so i moved up a level. I am not finding that with level 2 though. I keep thinking its only 20 minutes it cant kill me!! lol Good luck with sticking to it! :happy:
  • susioryan
    susioryan Posts: 180
    Options
    You know what- I can actually feel the muscles in my upper arms and shoulders. Today was my running day but I think this alternating the shred and running helps my endurance with my running too. I haven't seen any weight loss or measurement change but I think that a few women who have done it said it drastic changes seem to happen 15 days in. Here's crossing my fingers that they are right.:bigsmile:
  • HelenLRoss
    Options
    I am with you there!! Will keep everything crossed i see big changes then! lol :bigsmile:
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I had a bad week so I'm going to try to start 30 DS again today
  • susioryan
    Options
    Day 7 of Level 1-Today felt hard but I did do 25 girl push ups! The cardio jumping is killing me.
  • HelenLRoss
    Options
    i am on day 9 of level 2 and it actually seems a little easier. God help me with level 3 though! x
  • saralye
    saralye Posts: 10
    Options
    I've been stuck on Level 1 for about a year. For a long time, I would start it and would ache so much the next 2 days I couldn't barely walk, much less exercise. I think I got up to doing it about 6 days in a row one time, and that's about it.

The last few times I've started it again, I've learned to take it REALLY easy the first couple days to avoid the next day pains. Like, so easy, it doesn't even seem you're getting a workout. When she tells you to push, at first, don't. Just do what is comfortable in your range of motion. Drop down from 5 lb weights to 3s. Or none! Some of those arm raises can really hurt at first! If I can't get through the abs, I just revert to regular crunches for the rest of the circuit. I have the most trouble with lactic acid in my calves, so I switch up my jumping patterns, so I don't strain them (remember "skipping rope" in elementary school? Beats straining a muscle doing intense plyometrics!). I have a lot of pain in my feet as well, so I switch legs on the lunges more often than she indicates, if I am just starting to go blind from nerve pain.

I also find her final stretching inadequate, and I do a bit of extra stretching or light yoga to end my workouts.

Take it easy at first, and in no time you'll be able to push harder and harder. By day 3, you should be able to do everything she asks without straining or pulling anything.

My goal this week: on to Level 2!
  • saralye
    Options
    brinsy, what weights are you using? maybe you should start with a lower weight like 2lbs?
    .5lb weights! lol im very very unfit

If you can't do the push-ups, just try to hold a plank. If you can't do the jumping, just try to alternate legs briskly (think "skipping rope" instead of plyometric jumping"). If your arms hurt with weights, don't use them! Modify, modify, modify -- there's no shame (even tho Jillian would have you believe there is)!

It's all about what gets you moving. Do what works for now so you're not afraid to come back. And soon, you'll feel like you can add a bit more, and a bit more, and a bit more . . .

My mom works out 5+ days a week, is 5'8" 125 lbs and 59 years old and a tennis coach, and even she found it too difficult to continue. :happy: It's a hard workout! Don't feel bad and hang in there.
  • saralye
    Options
    Can I also mention, my boyfriend almost never works out, and he can breeze through any Level (1, 2 or 3) whenever he gets the "bug" to work out, every few weeks or so, with 20 lb weights and hardly breaking a sweat. And if he feels he's getting a little pudge and wants to lose 10 or 15 lbs, all he has to do is not eat for 2 days and he will literally drop 4 inches from his waist (and be able to keep it off, until the next JintheB binge, at which time he'll just take it right back off with another 48 hour starvation diet).

Don't you just hate men sometimes?
  • susioryan
    Options
    Day 8 of Level 1. I just increased my weight to 6lbs for the biceps and for the chest presses. I used just 1 pound weights for the shoulder raises. 26 girl push-ups today! Yay!

The sad part for me is there has been NO change in my weight or measurements. UGH! I hate being 47 years old for these types of things- results seem to come slower and harder.
  • I find i so hard on my legs, my quads DIE after ever work out. I don't want massive quads, and tbh I could do more of the ab workouts!
  • Nisa2011
    Nisa2011 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    L2 D2 today...I haven't lost any weight but I feel my pants getting bigger on me!
    STick with it, it gets easier!
  • susioryan
    Options
    I think I hurt my shoulder doing those darn push-ups :(.